Reggie's reduced playing time

gordonsolie

Junior
Didn't play at all in the second half vs UNC. Looks like coach L sees he's a liability. Gamble played all 20 mins vs UNC. How much do you think Reggie will play in the NCAA's?

Advertisement
Reggie didn't play in the 2nd half because UNC went small and Reggie would basically have made it 4v5 for us.

His playing time will depend on how the opposing team matches up against us.

^^ agreed, also how often do you not see kafji the last 10 min of te game. It all had to do with match ups.

Coach L has a **** of a tailor to fit those watermelons in his pants like he does. Benching Kadji for almost the last quarter of the game takes juevos.

Advertisement
Coach L has a **** of a tailor to fit those watermelons in his pants like he does. Benching Kadji for almost the last quarter of the game takes juevos.

i dont think it was that hard of a call. TMJ was hitting EVERYTHING!!! and even Brown was playing very well. not to mention with gamble playing great and Larkin being on his game we didnt need Kadji to go out there and pick up the slack.

i dont think it was that hard of a call. TMJ was hitting EVERYTHING!!! and even Brown was playing very well. not to mention with gamble playing great and Larkin being on his game we didnt need Kadji to go out there and pick up the slack.

I dont disagree with that. You would think that he wouldve gone with Kadji over Julian though, especially with Kadji being a better FT shooter. Coach L knows this team inside out though

I dont disagree with that. You would think that he wouldve gone with Kadji over Julian though, especially with Kadji being a better FT shooter. Coach L knows this team inside out though

true, but it was easy to see kadji was off and gamble was hot. gamble hit some free throws though and played awesome defense down the strech. so pumped to watch this team in the tourney

Advertisement

Kadji, for all his scoring prowess, is not the dedicated interior defender or rebounder that Julian is. He's a stretch 4 and likes to float, whereas JG is firmly rooted in the paint. BTW, Gamble basically did what he wanted against McAdoo. Tremendous performance.

Kadji sucking monster dong playing defense makes it a much easier call. He was making Mcadoo look like Karl Malone. The second Gamble was re-inserted into the game, Mcadoo went back to being a timid, jumpshooting PF.

i feel like kadji gets caught on defense out of position all the time. this kid should be 20 10 every nite--noone can guard him but i feel like he lacks that constant motor

Hey, Coach L isn't playing. No time to worry about hurt feelings. Reggie and Swoope bought the bigs some down time with first half minutes, but when NC went small in the second half Coach L adjusted accordingly. No way Reggie could see the floor in that scenario. Kajda was initially the lone big, but he couldn't stay in front of McAdoo and proved a defensive liability. Miami could score almost at will - they just needed defensive stops. Aside from Larkin, Gamble was the key Cane down the stretch. His interior defense was terrific and also really helped on a number of switches. Can't overstate his value in helping Canes pull away.

Advertisement
Kadji, for all his scoring prowess, is not the dedicated interior defender or rebounder that Julian is. He's a stretch 4 and likes to float, whereas JG is firmly rooted in the paint. BTW, Gamble basically did what he wanted against McAdoo. Tremendous performance.

This. Gamble is a better interior defender (although Kadji is no slouch in that area, even if he didn't have a great defensive game yesterday). Kadji is a better post player on offense, but like you said, DCF, he likes to float to the perimeter... he's quite good there, but with four wings, it makes sense to have a big out there who will stay down low. Coach L played the matchups, found a lineup that worked against UNC, and he rode it to the title.

It was a move to match-up with their small line-up

I hope its jsut Kenny/Gamble/Tonye but he is going to play Reggie

Hopefully he has a quick hook, but I doubt it. Vs NC State Gamble only got 6 more minutes than RJ despite completely outplaying him

Advertisement
Who here would ever have thought Gamble would be starting and be a vital contributor?

99.gif

Advertisement
Back