Recruiting Observation/Question

ball915

All-American
It seems that the staff has jumped on a lot of kids that are extremely talented but aren't on the national/regional stage quite yet. It appears that a lot of these players could have monster senior years and by offering them early and getting their commitments now before heavy outside competition comes in. The reason there should be confidence in commitments as a lot of these kids were campers that Al had junior film on them and saw them live before they exploded senior year. Bottom line is, we have gotten some big fish (Darling, Gibbons, Yearby, McDermott), have missed some and are still in the race for some. I am convinced that the names below are flying under the radar and Al locked them up before other schools could pull the trigger to offer. Has a very different feel that Randy offering anyone with a YouTube reel.

Gray - sat behind stud QB and ready for huge year
Herndon - lower level interest and bound for a big senior year
Jackson - just started playing and will be a monster this year
Langham - no idea why he is a 2 star but will least be a high 3 in months
Mayes - went from unrated to 3 star after he committed. playing at NW and this level he will get more offers (believe he was a transfer)
Owens - had some interest but expect him to skyrocket ratings wise
Turner - i got nothing here but Al sure does
Kaaya - minimal interest and after his commitment to us (Pac12 and Elite11)
Young - lower level interest bound for a big senior year
Jenkins - lower level interest and bound for a big last year

Advertisement
Again, it goes back to coach Golden's use of his camps. Everyone sees the offers and commits that come from these camps but what most dont see is that coach Golden and staff get a chance to evaluate and get to know a lot of younger kids (9th & 10th graders) long before the other BCS coaches do. Best use of home field advantage for recruiting IMO.

Advertisement
I dont need no ratings for guys like Langham, Kaaya, Owens, Gray, Young...

All those cats can play, just watch...

I appreciate the effort but some your facts are wrong. Young had big interest from SEC schools they were just waiting for his test scores. Owens got offered by big time schools also. Two of our best pickups there. Lets hope they stick. Langham is a 2 star on one website but a 4 on ESPN.

I appreciate the effort but your facts are wrong. Young had big interest from SEC schools they were just waiting for his test scores. Owens got offered by big time schools also. Two of our best pickups there. Lets hope they stick. Langham is a 2 star on one website but a 4 on ESPN.

Owens had UGA written all over him and per Rivals (I know) Young has SEC interest but no offers. Like I said, I don't get the 2 star difference from ESPN to Rivals on Langham but its just a matter of time. If he committed to and SEC school he'd be 4 stars on every site.

Advertisement
I appreciate the effort but your facts are wrong. Young had big interest from SEC schools they were just waiting for his test scores. Owens got offered by big time schools also. Two of our best pickups there. Lets hope they stick. Langham is a 2 star on one website but a 4 on ESPN.

Owens had UGA written all over him and per Rivals (I know) Young has SEC interest but no offers. Like I said, I don't get the 2 star difference from ESPN to Rivals on Langham but its just a matter of time. If he committed to and SEC school he'd be 4 stars on every site.

Agree but that's recruiting.

Again, it goes back to coach Golden's use of his camps. Everyone sees the offers and commits that come from these camps but what most dont see is that coach Golden and staff get a chance to evaluate and get to know a lot of younger kids (9th & 10th graders) long before the other BCS coaches do. Best use of home field advantage for recruiting IMO.

This, staff has had eyes on these kids 3 years running, no doubt a majority blow up this fall.

Advertisement
Back