recruiting losses

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
On this page alone i see 2 threads about losing recruits. One thread states its due to academic standards, while the other tard's thread states its due to PSU rumors. While i due believe those definitely factor in, the truth is that its never one specific reason.

90% of "the slurpers" believe our recruiting losses are a fallout from the NCAA cloud and even though we're no longer under it, our struggles as a team are a reflection of it, thus still effect recruiting. While, 90% of the haters believe it has nothing to due with talent, are blind to the effects of the NCAA, and believe the struggles are strictly scheme and coaching related.

These hardline views are the reason why almost every thread gets derailed and they will continue to until the extremists realize there is no one reason why we lose these kids. And if there is a singular reason in one case, its not in another.

We lose kids due to all of the reasons. Some can't quality, ****….we're trying to become Stanford east and just lost one to Stanford because we will never be Stanford. We lose some to money, some want to leave for college, some to parents that want the kids to get outta town and away from bad friends, some to handlers pushing there agenda, some to their dream school, some don't believe in the staff, and some are simply front runners that want to go to the in school.

Simple fact is that there is no one reason why we lose out on kids. But, that being said, in the end, all of it is just a story. And whatever they believe their objections to be, its this staffs job to convince them that the reasons to be part of the U are greater! I'm starting to get tired of the stories, we need results.

Advertisement
On this page alone i see 2 threads about losing recruits. One thread states its due to academic standards, while the other tard's thread states its due to PSU rumors. While i due believe those definitely factor in, the truth is that its never one specific reason.

90% of "the slurpers" believe our recruiting losses are a fallout from the NCAA cloud and even though we're no longer under it, our struggles as a team are a reflection of it, thus still effect recruiting. While, 90% of the haters believe it has nothing to due with talent, are blind to the effects of the NCAA, and believe the struggles are strictly scheme and coaching related.

These hardline views are the reason why almost every thread gets derailed and they will continue to until the extremists realize there is no one reason why we lose these kids. And if there is a singular reason in one case, its not in another.

We lose kids due to all of the reasons. Some can't quality, ****….we're trying to become Stanford east and just lost one to Stanford because we will never be Stanford. We lose some to money, some want to leave for college, some to parents that want the kids to get outta town and away from bad friends, some to handlers pushing there agenda, some to their dream school, some don't believe in the staff, and some are simply front runners that want to go to the in school.

Simple fact is that there is no one reason why we lose out on kids. But, that being said, in the end, all of it is just a story. And whatever they believe their objections to be, its this staffs job to convince them that the reasons to be part of the U are greater! I'm starting to get tired of the stories, we need results.

Thank you for well a reasoned evaluation. I think it's spot on.

There are a lot of reasons that factor in to where the team finds itself in both terms of personnel and performance. And, because I believe this class to be pretty good, and through addition by subtraction the roster looks a lot better, and because we won't be playing with a roster ten men down, I think it's time to see some improvement.

Wow wow wow, we are not trying to become Stanford East good sir, we ARE the Harvard of the South. Otherwise great post.

Exceptional post laying out the plethora of reasons and/or excuses or lack of any that cause kids to make choices, not hard to understand when you articulated it the way you have, thanks for a breath of fresh air.

Advertisement
Could these be a blessing in disguise. Have more scholarships to roll over for a talent rich 2015?

51.gif

Could these be a blessing in disguise. Have more scholarships to roll over for a talent rich 2015?

losing Valentine, Powell and Gibbons are blessings?

im guessing you're either being sarcastic, or you're a hardline slurper...

Results would entail you change your mindset.

Why not make a post detailing Recruiting Wins?

You know, we do have 27 verbals, of which 2 are JUCO's and are already signed, and 7-8 enrolled early.
People act like all we've signed are 1-2 star players instead of a top 10 class.

Advertisement

You know, we do have 27 verbals, of which 2 are JUCO's and are already signed, and 7-8 enrolled early.
People act like all we've signed are 1-2 star players instead of a top 10 class.

because although i do like our class and believe we've kept the most important piece in Kaaya, the losses of Lane, Rudolph, Cook, Dixon, Valentine, Gibbons, Powell, Clark, Battle(which is helping take Valentine), Mckenzie(no offer), and Sony are completely unacceptable! Just look at top skill players alone in SFL and tell me what percentage of the elite we kept home?

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell
(didn't even put Sean White, Winky Flowers, T. Harris..) & you can mix those rankings how you want, but they are the top group

Putting a fence up is what won us national championships, we aint doin it….

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:

because although i do like our class and believe we've kept the most important piece in Kaaya, the losses of Lane, Rudolph, Cook, Dixon, Valentine, Gibbons, Powell, Clark, Battle(which is helping take Valentine), Mckenzie(no offer), and Sony are completely unacceptable! Just look at top skill players alone in SFL and tell me what percentage of the elite we kept home?

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell
(didn't even put Sean White, Winky Flowers, T. Harris..) & you can mix those rankings how you want, but they are the top group

We got the 8 pillars up for our posts but ran out money for the actual chain link fence.......

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell

We got the 8 pillars up for our posts but ran out money for the actual chain link fence.......

Advertisement
Very good points and thread OP. It is up to the staff to convince kids to stay home or come to the U. Everything else is irrelevant. Can you win over the kids, their parents and their 'camp?' Right now, we are not.

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell

Place the blame where it belongs, administration has cut our budget while removing the cloud.

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell

Place the blame where it belongs, administration has cut our budget while removing the cloud.
Lol, they have not cut the budget. Nice try though. Keep making up your own facts.

Advertisement

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell

looking at that list is depressing .... too many misses

1. Cook
2. Lane
3. Rudolph
4. Yearby (only Cane)
5. Sony
6. Dixon
7. Powell

looking at that list is depressing .... too many misses

but, lucky for us, unlike 2013, 2015 is full of elite skill position players too… So we need to get our **** together fast!!

Cronkite, Scarlett, Phillips, Ridley, Gibson, Patrick, SBB, Durante….

Advertisement
Back