Recruiting 1/17 247

• Miami head coach Al Golden and James Coley flew out to California and met with QB Brad Kaaya on Thursday. Golden used his one trip to visit with Kaaya in California on Thursday to send a clear message on the first day of the contact period: you are our top priority. The UM coaching staff has held off charges from local schools USC and UCLA, but now the school showing the heaviest interest is Boise State. Kaaya arrived for his visit late on Thursday night. This weekend will be important for UM to lock him up.
• Miami sent the three assistant coaches most responsible for recruiting DT Travonte Valentine to visit with him on Thursday. Read how that visit went here.
• Immokalee CB J.C. Jackson, a Florida commit, was visited by four UM assistants on Thursday. Read how that visit went here.
• WR Brad Lenius, who is a high school teammate of Kaaya, is considering taking a UM visit. He is planning on visiting Minnesota next weekend and it looks like it will come down to either Washington or Miami for a January 31st visit. At 6-feet-5, Lenius is a big target at receiver that could grow into a tight end.
• DT Lamont Gaillard, a Georgia commit, is not pleased with the recent turnover taking place on the UGA staff. Even though Gaillard has been committed to Georgia, Miami has been recruiting him the whole time, led by Jethro Franklin and Larry Scott. Gaillard is still committed to UGA, but he is open minded to the Hurricanes. Miami has the best chance to flip if he does flip. Gaillard plans to visit Miami on January 24th.
• Jacksonville Trinity Christian WR Isaiah Ford will be taking an official visit to Miami this weekend. Miami would ideally like to add one more receiver to this class and have showed Ford interest ever since he decommitted from Louisville earlier this month. Playing basketball in college is important to Ford and Miami coach Jim Larranaga has said he would be willing to work with Ford if he decides to play football at UM.
• One reason why Miami is still pushing for a receiver in this class is due to WR Derrick Griffin not being able to qualify and likely going to JUCO.
• ATH David Njoku had Miami as his top school after taking his official visit there in December, but now he has big time schools closer to home showing interest. Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer visited him on Thursday and he is planning to visit the Buckeyes this weekend. Penn State is also likely to show interest. It will likely be tough for the UM coaching staff to convince Njoku with these schools now showing heavy interest.
• LB commit Terry McCray will be a player to monitor over the next few weeks. McCray is receiving the interest of LSU with Alabama starting to show a little bit of attention.

Advertisement
Looks like Meyer made Njoku his priority... Flying out to visit him first and on the day before his official too

• Miami head coach Al Golden and James Coley flew out to California and met with QB Brad Kaaya on Thursday. Golden used his one trip to visit with Kaaya in California on Thursday to send a clear message on the first day of the contact period: you are our top priority. The UM coaching staff has held off charges from local schools USC and UCLA, but now the school showing the heaviest interest is Boise State. Kaaya arrived for his visit late on Thursday night. This weekend will be important for UM to lock him up.
• Miami sent the three assistant coaches most responsible for recruiting DT Travonte Valentine to visit with him on Thursday. Read how that visit went here.
• Immokalee CB J.C. Jackson, a Florida commit, was visited by four UM assistants on Thursday. Read how that visit went here.
• WR Brad Lenius, who is a high school teammate of Kaaya, is considering taking a UM visit. He is planning on visiting Minnesota next weekend and it looks like it will come down to either Washington or Miami for a January 31st visit. At 6-feet-5, Lenius is a big target at receiver that could grow into a tight end.
• DT Lamont Gaillard, a Georgia commit, is not pleased with the recent turnover taking place on the UGA staff. Even though Gaillard has been committed to Georgia, Miami has been recruiting him the whole time, led by Jethro Franklin and Larry Scott. Gaillard is still committed to UGA, but he is open minded to the Hurricanes. Miami has the best chance to flip if he does flip. Gaillard plans to visit Miami on January 24th.
• Jacksonville Trinity Christian WR Isaiah Ford will be taking an official visit to Miami this weekend. Miami would ideally like to add one more receiver to this class and have showed Ford interest ever since he decommitted from Louisville earlier this month. Playing basketball in college is important to Ford and Miami coach Jim Larranaga has said he would be willing to work with Ford if he decides to play football at UM.
• One reason why Miami is still pushing for a receiver in this class is due to WR Derrick Griffin not being able to qualify and likely going to JUCO.
• ATH David Njoku had Miami as his top school after taking his official visit there in December, but now he has big time schools closer to home showing interest. Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer visited him on Thursday and he is planning to visit the Buckeyes this weekend. Penn State is also likely to show interest. It will likely be tough for the UM coaching staff to convince Njoku with these schools now showing heavy interest.
• LB commit Terry McCray will be a player to monitor over the next few weeks. McCray is receiving the interest of LSU with Alabama starting to show a little bit of attention.

Thanks for the update

Looks like Meyer made Njoku his priority... Flying out to visit him first and on the day before his official too

Yeah Njoku is gone and im not complaining. When Urban meets recruits, he leaves the kids like they were in a candy store. he has great leaping ability and could be a sleeper but he i think he wants to stay close to home. seems like he is easy to wow too.

Advertisement

Yeah Njoku is gone and im not complaining. When Urban meets recruits, he leaves the kids like they were in a candy store. he has great leaping ability and could be a sleeper but he i think he wants to stay close to home. seems like he is easy to wow too.

He got Dixon, but that's not the only recruit if outs he want after... Berrios, Jenkins, McDermott..

I would say Golden n Meyer are tied 1-1 though cause Berrios was the only uncommitted recruit we were after that took a visit to OSU. And Golden is saving his in house...

We need to lock up valentine and kayya! Getting galliard on board would be huge. Can u imagine a 3 headed monster of Moten Valentine and Galliard! Jc Jackson would be a nice bonus also but I'm not gonna get too crazy.

Advertisement

He got Dixon, but that's not the only recruit if outs he want after... Berrios, Jenkins, McDermott..

I would say Golden n Meyer are tied 1-1 though cause Berrios was the only uncommitted recruit we were after that took a visit to OSU. And Golden is saving his in house...

difference is if AG took a Dixon like player from ohio then its a big pull, *** is a better recruiter hands down. It be a miracle we take a top prospect from ohio with him at osu but if AG did then that an elite recruiter. A guy who could go into bama and take a recruit like a Winston, Kayaa we got cuz of coley and we were first n it meant something to him.

Dixon wanted to get away from home, if he didnt he could have easily been at the U. Meyer capitalize on that angle and sold him on a different atmosphere then south florida. all in all he was just an Meyer guy and not a Golden guy.Berrios was just an pure UM fan period it would have took the devil to get him to not go to UM and thats the main difference. Once Golden solde Berrios the slot pitch he was done from there.

Dixon wanted to get away from home, if he didnt he could have easily been at the U. Meyer capitalize on that angle and sold him on a different atmosphere then south florida. all in all he was just an Meyer guy and not a Golden guy.Berrios was just an pure UM fan period it would have took the devil to get him to not go to UM and thats the main difference. Once Golden solde Berrios the slot pitch he was done from there.

Where was this post when everyone and his dog was claiming dixon was a cane lock?

yup, Berrios is almost as big a UM fan as Sony.....

Advertisement

Where was this post when everyone and his dog was claiming dixon was a cane lock?

I just joined here a week ago, trust me i would have not said Dixon was a lock, he was at first but eversince meyer came in the picture he was torn. he didnt want to leave his mom but when mom gave the A okay, he was gone from there

yup, Berrios is almost as big a UM fan as Sony.....

Ironically ,Sony was the same thing as dixon, he wanted to see other places too and get out of South Florida. once he visited Georgia he felt in love and never looked back. maybe he has a girl there too who knows lol but he never committed to UM from my knowledge so at least he was loyal to UGA

Advertisement
Yeah, Sony fell so in love with Georgia that he's looking around now. These relationships, as we see, are sometimes nothing more than summer flings and not binding.

I would love to have this kid, and this is just an observation, but truth be told it should be tough for an outside program to come in and take top talent. And local kids should want to play in front of their families and rep their local school. Irks me that so many SF kids want to play elsewhere, and yes we have a lot of SF kids as we should, but there are others that we couldn't convince to come that we should have as well.

Yeah, Sony fell so in love with Georgia that he's looking around now. These relationships, as we see, are sometimes nothing more than summer flings and not binding.

where did you here that from? last i seen he was asked if still 100% committed and he said "yup"

Advertisement
Back