Off-Topic Recipe request thread

JD08

Work is the curse of the drinking classes
Maude
My Nonna made tortellini from scratch. It was ridiculously delicious. She'd spend all day making these things to have them eaten in minutes. It had a ground pork filling, but that's all I can remember. I had a very similarly flavored canneloni at the Italian restaurant in Epcot maybe 30 years ago.

So let me see your best tortellini or canneloni recipes and we'll see if we can find something close. I'm looking at you, @SWFLHurricane, even though your family is from Calabria and mine is from Verona.

Advertisement
My Nonna made tortellini from scratch. It was ridiculously delicious. She'd spend all day making these things to have them eaten in minutes. It had a ground pork filling, but that's all I can remember. I had a very similarly flavored canneloni at the Italian restaurant in Epcot maybe 30 years ago.

So let me see your best tortellini or canneloni recipes and we'll see if we can find something close. I'm looking at you, @SWFLHurricane, even though your family is from Calabria and mine is from Verona.
Absolute pain in the *** with Tortillini....alot easier with Canneloni...Finely Ground mild Italian sausage, finely chopped Garlic, Fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, alittle Tyme, chopped Basil, Bread crumbs, Fresh grated Parmasan, salt & pepper....saute all ingredients (aside from Bread crumbs)...when done (cooled down) combine bread crumbs and a beaten egg & a yolk,...and pipe in to the Cannelloni pasta with a pastry bag (if you have one)...of course the Cannelloni pasta is already cooked (El Dente) place tubular pasta in Marinara sauce in baking dish. (make sure sauce is halfway up) then laddle alittle more on top) and layer some Mozz or Provalone on top of each Cannelloni...and bake at 350° until cheese is slightly brown....very hard for me to do recipes texting. I personally like to cover the Cannelloni that's already in baking dish with Marinara with Cellophane, and then Aluminum foil for 30 mins at 350°, then that's when I remove Cellophane and foil, add the cheese, and then bake an additional 15-20mins till cheese is slightly brown.

Absolute pain in the *** with Tortillini....alot easier with Canneloni...Finely Ground mild Italian sausage, finely chopped Garlic, Fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, alittle Tyme, chopped Basil, Bread crumbs, Fresh grated Parmasan, salt & pepper....saute all ingredients (aside from Bread crumbs)...when done (cooled down) combine bread crumbs and a beaten egg & a yolk,...and pipe in to the Cannelloni pasta with a pastry bag (if you have one)...of course the Cannelloni pasta is already cooked (El Dente) place tubular pasta in Marinara sauce in baking dish. (make sure sauce is halfway up) then laddle alittle more on top) and layer some Mozz or Provalone on top of each Cannelloni...and bake at 350° until cheese is slightly brown....very hard for me to do recipes texting. I personally like to cover the Cannelloni that's already in baking dish with Marinara with Cellophane, and then Aluminum foil for 30 mins at 350°, then that's when I remove Cellophane and foil, add the cheese, and then bake an additional 15-20mins till cheese is slightly brown.
I will be trying this.

Thank you.

Advertisement
Back