Recent stadium news; SIAP

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
### So what's the next step for UM and MLS? City manager Danny Alfonso said both sides will draw up a non-binding letter of intent in the coming days to build a stadium on the site next to Marlins Park.

Alfonso said negotiations will then begin between David Beckham's group and the city. One key point that must be resolved: how and how much Beckham's group will compensate the city for using what's primarily city land for the stadium.

Alfonso said Beckham's group reiterated today that it will pay for construction and also buy out a few private landowners who have property on the proposed stadium site.

As for UM's potential involvement, here's what we wrote in our last post a few hours ago in case you missed it (if you already read it, please scroll down to next item);

Though an MLS source said Beckham’s group would like UM to contribute toward construction costs, a source said Beckham’s group has never made a specific financial request to UM or even given UM any specific proposal for a 40,000-seat stadium.

One possibility: Build a 25,000-seat stadium now with the potential to make it 40,000 later."

Advertisement
dope+fiend.jpg

The city of Miami is dirty from the mayor on down this is why the OB got knocked down and we might never get our own stadium it starts at the top.

Advertisement
The chain of events where:

A. People start realizing that the angle of the seats as well as some of the other changes made at Sun Lifeless are for the worse, and that it still sucks.

B. We get shut out of Beckham Stadium.

C. Everyone realizes we're stuck at Sun Lifeless forever.

...will be entertaining to watch.

And eventually:

D. The Dolphins ownership financially rapes the school when the terms of the current lease are up, simply because the school will have no other options.

...but by then, at the rate they are going, the school will probably be looking to drop football, ala UAB, due to lack of interest and financial support.

F that, no thanks.

F your opinion..and no thanks.

At this point I'd hope and pray they leave that piece of **** Dolphin stadium no matter what the terms. 25K is an ironic number since its the TRUE attendence at Dolphin stadium these days for most home games.

Agree to whatever the **** gets us out of that lease and that stadium. Period. Worst case scenario I'm sure they'll accommodate at least 40k...which I'd take in a ******* heartbeat.

Advertisement
Back