Reality is ahead to avoid...

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
we ALL KNEW these canes were tiptoeing a 2-3 loss from the moment the season started.

how many games against low tier teams did we BARELY win this season?

Outside of spanking FSU— which was really nothing impressive— what other game proved we even belonged in the top 10?

yes there was moments of brilliance thanks to KING, our RB’s, our improving WRs and our portal Defensive players.

But these a 18-20 yo KIDS who just witnessed Blades get taken out by Covid for the season and maybe career.

how many of them are thinking “**** what happens if I get Covid and lose my football career?” Or for Phillips/Roche/King who are eyeing the draft in 5 months thinking if they should shut it down to protect themselves from a Baldes scenario??

how many of them have lost a family member to Covid that we don’t hear about? (Considering it affects AA’s at high rates)

Life is reality and these kids are riding a rollercoaster of school, football, and Covid.

how many of us are carrying that kind of weight and ballin’ out in life??

I know grown-*** people who are doctors, attorneys, and business professionals who are crashing and burning in life due to all the craziness of 2020...

this is a moment to stop the delusional mindset that these kids shouldn’t be affected by anything in life but football.

We are what we are....

An improved offensive team because of King/Lash and the kicking game

A defensive team the took 2 steps forward w Roche and Phillips.... and 2 steps back from an otherwise C-rate defensive team.

don’t be surprised if they lose the bowl game as well....

Reality is hard to dodge.

Advertisement
The played defense like UNCs RBs were running a fever and coughing on them as they sprinted by.

we ALL KNEW these canes were tiptoeing a 2-3 loss from the moment the season started.

how many games against low tier teams did we BARELY win this season?

Outside of spanking FSU— which was really nothing impressive— what other game proved we even belonged in the top 10?

yes there was moments of brilliance thanks to KING, our RB’s, our improving WRs and our portal Defensive players.

But these a 18-20 yo KIDS who just witnessed Blades get taken out by Covid for the season and ( maybe career. )

how many of them are thinking “**** what happens if I get Covid and lose my football career?” Or for Phillips/Roche/King who are eyeing the draft in 5 months thinking if they should shut it down to protect themselves from a Baldes scenario??

how many of them have lost a family member to Covid that we don’t hear about? (Considering it affects AA’s at high rates)

Life is reality and these kids are riding a rollercoaster of school, football, and Covid.

how many of us are carrying that kind of weight and ballin’ out in life??

I know grown-*** people who are doctors, attorneys, and business professionals who are crashing and burning in life due to all the craziness of 2020...

this is a moment to stop the delusional mindset that these kids shouldn’t be affected by anything in life but football.

We are what we are....

An improved offensive team because of King/Lash and the kicking game

A defensive team the took 2 steps forward w Roche and Phillips.... and 2 steps back from an otherwise C-rate defensive team.

don’t be surprised if they lose the bowl game as well....

Reality is hard to dodge.
See bold lettering in parentheses above which confirms, You’re a idiot! Now kick rocks troll!!

Advertisement
Now you want to bash the team.....na fvck you, too late Manny

I’m not bashing the team. When they play well I applaud it, when they play poorly Im critical.

I realize that’s something your underdeveloped, embarrassingly low IQ melon can’t comprehend.

Now go back to the **** thread you felt the need to start.

I understand the point your trying to make but this stressful environment is not unique to miami program. Every program had to deal with the same circumstances. I'm sure UNC had deal with very similar issues all year long but they were ready to play! so for me is not about the loss but the way we lost. so, its worrisome that for the last several years especially after the V tech and ND games in 2017 our kids have seem to be unprepared to seize the moment in games that matter the most (Wisconsin, LSU, UNC). There is no wrong with loosing to a better team (Clemson) then you know there is more work to do but loosing because of not being PREPARED for it that's just unacceptable

Ok? Every team this year has had to deal with it.
I don't disagree with you......but kids react differently to different things. Every team isn't the same. I thought the whole year we'd lose to UNC. They have too much on offense and i think our D is smoke and mirrors. But I didn't think that **** that happened, would. There was alot of talk all week of nfl and of blades and with young kids, the focus wasn't there and it snowballed.

Having said all that, I've written here a zillion times, including the day we hired him, that we aren't winning anything meaningful with manny. He is not a top coach . He is 14-9 and 100000% saved by the portal. If he didn't have the portal, this dude would be gone already. Nearly every single important piece of this team right now is from the portal and if King leaves, I imagine we will fall off big time, which freaking stinks cause im so tired of giving a crap about this team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back