Realistic expectations in the city of Miami?

ageezy

Cane til I Die
with this last public discussion of recruiting in regards to eduard and the miami herald i began to ask myself are the expectation of coaches and recruits realistic in miami?

this isn't the 80's . . . in order to get back to the top we can't rely solely on miami talent. we've gone through a slump and due to our struggles it's like we no longer have the right to be selective, to run our program like a top rated program.

it's almost as if it's like you've struggled miami, so take whatever recruits in miami we have to offer regardless of what game they play or their unwillingness to commit to us without question.

eduard was actively seeking other colleges, he wanted to be recruited and that's fine, however if that was the case, don't commit . . . however definitely don't complain publicly when our coaches focus on other recruits

i firmly believe our program should do most of it's recruiting in miami, however miami coaches and recruits should also understand that top programs run their programs a particular way and we can't expect to return to prominence without the proper leadership

i was reading on another site where a lowly ranked qb out of alabama had to go to an alabama camp before he could earn on offer, however when we run our program in a similar fashion, it's wrong, we're slow playing a kid . . . it's crazy

we're doin this thing right fellas, it's just gonna take time for everyone else's expectations of miami to return to a realistic level

Advertisement
Alin said if he got offered that he would commit and he did. He started looking around to me because of 2 reasons, 1. Just in case something crazy were to happen you have to have a backup plan even if you build a relationship for a couple weeks it's still something. 2. Coley didn't hit him up much so basically he felt unwanted so nobody should blame him for really just covering all his bases

On either side, the deal ain't closed until the papers are signed. Not a bad idea on both sides to have contingencies. This is a messy business nowadays. Lots at stake for all stakeholders.

Advertisement
Is there an early signing period like basketball?
There should be a summer/fall early singing period and then NSD. I mean LOI faxed in those periods.

On either side, the deal ain't closed until the papers are signed. Not a bad idea on both sides to have contingencies. This is a messy business nowadays. Lots at stake for all stakeholders.

I agree wholeheartedly with the first statement. Not so much with the second.

UM has far less at stake in Alin Edouard's recruitment than does Alin.

with this last public discussion of recruiting in regards to eduard and the miami herald i began to ask myself are the expectation of coaches and recruits realistic in miami?

this isn't the 80's . . . in order to get back to the top we can't rely solely on miami talent. we've gone through a slump and due to our struggles it's like we no longer have the right to be selective, to run our program like a top rated program.

it's almost as if it's like you've struggled miami, so take whatever recruits in miami we have to offer regardless of what game they play or their unwillingness to commit to us without question.

eduard was actively seeking other colleges, he wanted to be recruited and that's fine, however if that was the case, don't commit . . . however definitely don't complain publicly when our coaches focus on other recruits

i firmly believe our program should do most of it's recruiting in miami, however miami coaches and recruits should also understand that top programs run their programs a particular way and we can't expect to return to prominence without the proper leadership

i was reading on another site where a lowly ranked qb out of alabama had to go to an alabama camp before he could earn on offer, however when we run our program in a similar fashion, it's wrong, we're slow playing a kid . . . it's crazy

we're doin this thing right fellas, it's just gonna take time for everyone else's expectations of miami to return to a realistic level

Even when Howard proclaimed the "State of Miami", we've never been able to keep all of the best players in the area at UM. Never. Miami will never be able to attract kids who want to be the "big fish in a small pond", and there's no amount of recruiting that will convince a kid to go to UM if he wants to see what else is out there beyond the State of Miami. People think we just have to snap our fingers (i.e., offer) and every kid will want to come here, and when they don't, it's a failure by the staff. It doesn't work that way, it never has worked that way, and I think that SoFla kids, more than others, want to get out of the area and see new things. Also contrary to popular belief, this team has never been made up entirely of Florida kids. A large proportion of the guys who put the U on the map came from out of state, and that is undeniable. If we rely solely on local talent to get back to relevance, we'll never make it.

Advertisement
Back