read option

theu852

Sophomore
how many times does nebraska run it this year like they did over and over and over last year

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Nebraska throws more tomorrow than last year.

They're still running it about 5 to 7 times per game... However, Tommy Armstrong is running the ball more on boot legs and roll outs than ZOne Read.

Advertisement
The fact that they still run it shows you a little bit of why Mike Riley is such a good coach. He's a pro-set offense guy but knows that he doesnt have the horses in place yet to run his desired offense, so he kept some of the read option this season because his current players know it well.

He is the antithesis of our coach, who takes some of the most elite pass rush D ends and forces them to cover receivers and running backs in space.

Advertisement
The fact that they still run it shows you a little bit of why Mike Riley is such a good coach. He's a pro-set offense guy but knows that he doesnt have the horses in place yet to run his desired offense, so he kept some of the read option this season because his current players know it well.

He is the antithesis of our coach, who takes some of the most elite pass rush D ends and forces them to cover receivers and running backs in space.

hey man trent harris is going to play LB for us!!! get ready.

Pretty sure they've been trying to keep Armstrong healthy because he's their best player. Without him, they might win 3 games this year. However, against a perceived good opponent that has no clue how to handle that sort of attack, I would expect much more running from Armstrong.

Advertisement
I think Nebraska throws more tomorrow than last year.

Tommy Armstrong will throw a pick or two against that secondary. He's suspect, Everett Golson but worse....

Didn't Golson destroy our D when he was at ND?

I wouldn't sleep on Armstrong passing. He tore up better defenses than ours in Southern Cal and BYU throwing the ball. They will have receivers wide open all over the field. I wouldn't bet against Armstrong finding them.

Advertisement
Back