READ OPTION

ballinboysU

Recruit
I have notice that coach richt calls this play often. one thing that stood out to me was that everytime this play is called brad always gives it to the running back . I know he IS not mobile but what if he can keep and gain some yards. UNC never bothered to go to kaaya instead they just attacked the rb. I don't expect kaaya to break a 80 yard run on this play but if he can gain a good 6-8 yards on lets say a first down then it put you at 2 and short instead of 2 and long. vs UNC in the redzone this play was called and if was stopped. had kaaya kept the ball he would be literally walked in the end zone. also anyone know why he wears the brace. did he have a knee injury before ? if not take that crap off. we don't need a running qb we just need someone who can extend the play or get a few yards if he has to scramble

Advertisement
Yes the problem here is that Richt isn't using his Kaaya'a elusiveness effectively.

This is not the typical read option where Kaaya can keep it and run. There is no option for that. It's either hand it off to the RB or throw the bubble/slant.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back