Re-evaluate the staff?

AmeriCane26

Freshman
When will DiMare re-evaluate his staff? Does it start now or after the college World Series? With this team, things have to be changed. Anyone heard what he might do?
Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Arteaga needs to go. The pitching got worse this year. The two freshmen pitchers regressed. He needs to go.

Arteaga needs to go. The pitching got worse this year. The two freshmen pitchers regressed. He needs to go.
I disagree. I think Gino was making too many of the pitching decisions early on. It seemed like things turned around when J.D. started having more say.

He's been a steady hand year in and year out with not a lot to work with, before the last couple of years. His starting rotation from last year had 2/3 guys go in the first 50 picks.

JD will get a pass as we lost two top picks from last years staff and palm being the asset he was all year was a nice surprise with Rosario looking much better after a mid season frosh slump…

Hitting coach I don’t even know how he survived the season not getting fired mid season… holy **** was EVERYONE awful at the plate swinging the bat NO ONE looked good…. CDC a transfer who was “alright” was our best hitter most of the **** season…

Gino and his base running and defensive coaching was a flat out joke. Most top tier high school and maybe travel ball teams have better coaching in those two regards. Gino needs to look in the mirror and figure out how bad he want this because this was a humiliating season at times

Advertisement
Truth be told if the only 2 choices were JD and Gino to be Head Coach I would take JD.
Yeah I can support this….

JD can get his wingman to be a quality hitting coach and hopefully hire someone in who can get the defense up too par while he manages the pitchers

because as of now I don’t see where Gino is doing much of anything

Yeah I can support this….

JD can get his wingman to be a quality hitting coach and hopefully hire someone in who can get the defense up too par while he manages the pitchers

because as of now I don’t see where Gino is doing much of anything
Stop giving BJ new ideas and more ways to avoid a coaching search.

Advertisement
Any evaluation of the staff has to be by someone outside of the program and UM's administration. Even if that could be arranged, I highly doubt the recommendations would be followed. Their first excuse would deal with any additional money the enhancements to the program could costs.

Since Gino, JD and Nordberg are protected, hopefully they can find a volunteer coach who isn't a walking corpse. Someone has to yell and challenge players when they mess up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back