Rank top 5 - 10 players from last year

nccane10

Recruit
Interested to see how you guys would rank the top 5-10 players and their performances last year. I'm lazy and just going to do a top 5:

1. Kaaya
2. Grace
3. Coley
4. Artie
5. Bush

Right behind them I would have Yearby and Walton (lot of TD's but bad rush avg).

What's yours?

Advertisement
1. KAAYA
2. BURNS
3. NJOKU
4. ELDER
5. WALTON / GRACE

Looking back there was never really a #1 for me. Kaaya can play so much better. He made terrible decisions at times last year, but again thats what he was taught to do. Im actually a big fan of Scott and thought he played better than Coley.

Offense
1. Kaaya
2. Yearby
3. Coley
4. Scott
5. Walton

Defense
1. Burns
2. Grace
3. Bush
4. AQM
5. Norton

There's a lot more potential out there on both sides of the ball though. I expect Njoku to be in the top three on offense this year. Last year was just a small sample of what he can do. Defense was harder thanks to No D's terrible scheme. If Young would've started from the beginning of the season then I'd kick Norton down a notch. Norton didn't have a major impact stats wise but he was impressive for a true freshman.

Edit - Forgot Elder. Put him at 3 on defense and slide the rest down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't see how Coley could be on anybody's lists either TBH.

1.) Kaaya
2.) Burns
3.) Grace
4.) Yearby
5.) Elder or Bush

Advertisement
1. Grace
2. Kaaya
3. Burns
4. Elder.
5. Bush/Coley/Yearby

I think Grace and Kaaya are neck and neck for one and Burns and Elder were the same for 3 but with the scheme we ran and some of the shady the interference calls on burns i had to put him 3. Once Coley broke out he was good and Bush and Yearby were consistent all year. Kaaya obviously did good especially with the play calling but i feel Grace was the true MVP last year. Elder snuck on my list with the performance at duke and has made play after play for us whether its special teams or D

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Walton was no where near a top 5 player for Miami last year

This.

You both don't know what your talking about. Walton was arguably the best offensive player in 2015 and led the team in total touchdowns with 10. Hows he not top 5??
He was the goal line back with Gus out. Most were short runs

This.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

This.

You both don't know what your talking about. Walton was arguably the best offensive player in 2015 and led the team in total touchdowns with 10. Hows he not top 5??

If you think a 3.5 ypc RB was "arguably the best offensive player in 2015," then you're as hopeless as I thought you were. I'm not here to dialog with the hopeless. Good day, sir.

Advertisement
1. Kaaya
2. Njoku
3. Muhammad
4. Grace
5. Coley/Burns

Honorable Mention: Bush, Odogwu, Norton, Corn, Waters, Yearby

Last edited:

This.

Lol you cant be serious was he good? He had an okay freshman year look at his ypc but that's about it. He did some good things last year as far as being a receiving out of the backfield last year. And no he was not top 5 for Miami last year. Yearby provided good production in both aspects receiving and running the ball effectively not only in one area like Walton did. Remember there was many times they would take yearby out after he helped carry the offense down the field for them only to put Walton in..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back