1) LB
2) DL (can't believe I just said that)
3) RB (Duke alone)
4) DB
5) WR
6) OL

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know it's popular to hate on the OL, but they gave Morris plenty of time in the UF game.

So which unit would you put them ahead of?

WR, for one. To be fair, it seems like the blame lies equally with Coley (the OC, not the frosh WR), Morris, and the WR corps, but our passing game has been woefully inept through 2 games. No one's on the same page as Morris, and I haven't seen the WRs get any separation in either game so far. The long TD in the UF game was a blown coverage, so I don't really count that as a plus for the WRs.

RB is a tough call. Duke looked great against inferior competition, but once again got shut down by a good team. The others haven't played enough to adequately grade.

Last edited:
RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB

I know it's early... but so far...

1) LB
3) RB (Duke alone)
4) DB
5) WR
6) OL
This. Regardless of what anyone says Oline has serious problems. Saw hints of it vs FAU and it was confirmed vs UF. It's one thing to get beat a few times against an elite unit. It's understandable and it happens. But that Oline performance was not good. And this was supposed to be one of our best units.

Advertisement

1) LB
3) RB (Duke alone)
4) DB
5) WR
6) OL
After the first 2 games
1) LB
2) DL
3) RB
4) OL
5) DB-they made plenty of mistakes on Saturday but also came up with clutch plays when needed
6) QB
6) WR

1) LB
3) RB (Duke alone)
4) DB
5) WR
6) OL
After the first 2 games
1) LB
2) DL
3) RB
4) OL
5) DB-they made plenty of mistakes on Saturday but also came up with clutch plays when needed
6) QB
6) WR

This looks about right, IMO.

The DBs are being disrespected here.

1. DL
2. LB
3. DB
4. RB
5. QB
6. WR
7. OL

I think the OL did ok in the Florida game. Florida was crowding the line of scrimmage and our receivers could not get separation. Florida and us basically had the same plan on defense, but we forced more turnovers. If you rewatch the game you can see countless times were we were trying to knock the ball loose or strip it. I didn't see that from the Gators and that was the big difference. We got some grown *** men out there.

Advertisement
I just finished re-watching the game, much of it in slow motion. I came away believing that we played a lot better than I had first thought. From the second quarter on it appeared to me that florida was stacking the box to stop the run and daring us to throw. Unfortunately we ran directly into how they were defending a lot of the time. Play calling or can Morris not audible out of plays? Not sure. Morris also had some poor throws but most appeared to be while he was under pressure. Credit u***'s defense. The other thing I came away with is that Duke performed extremely well, given florida's stacking the box and Easley getting into the backfield many times before Duke got the ball. Every time he had a little crease he made yards. He ran very hard and I was impressed despite his not having a big run. Definitely need to get him the ball in space.

also noted that most of the running plays that we're stopped for short or negative yardage Florida had 8 and sometimes 9 in the box. There were 1 or 2 plays where they had all 11 within 7 yards of the LOS. No team is going to run effectively against that. However, when they only used a 7 man front most of our running plays gained positive yards. Not excusing our run blocking but from what I saw run blocking would very difficult for any team trying to block against that scheme. Even if the defenders didn't have the talent Florida does on their defensive line. Got to give them credit, especially Easley. But reviewing our overall performance I came away feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.

DL
LB
DB
RB
OL
WR
QB

Gotta give the #1 spot to the DL over LB simply cause the linebackers couldn't play this way without the improved play of the DL.

And Morris sits at the bottom cause he's been God awful. Poor throws, poor audibles, poor decision making. OC Coley has been less than impressive too.

Advertisement
Back