Random stats

Miami04

Senior
CDC is batting .377 and his third in the ACC in batting average. If he ends up winning the batting crown he will be the first player to do it since Yasmani Grandal.

This season UM is 5-8 overall on Friday nights.
4-7 in Friday night ACC games. 4-8 if you count both losses at UNC that were on a Friday.

We are averaging 5 runs a game in ACC play.
Our team ERA is 4.57.

This year as a team we have hit 49 HR and 268 RBI.
In 2019 with mostly the same players we hit 85 HR and 413 RBI

HR count through 16 games last year
Toral 5
Gil 3
ADC 2

HR count through 45 games this year.
Toral 6
Gil 5
ADC 3

UM hasn’t won the Coastal since 2016.

If Miami wins tonight it will be the first time since joint the ACC they would have won all midweek games.

Advertisement
That 2019 lineup got pretty good #s out of Zamora, Gates and Amditis. Gil and Toral were monsters that year, they have regressed badly.

As far as Friday nights we are trotting out a Friday night guy now who would not even be our midweek starter in the 2019 team. The 2019 pitching talent was pretty **** good. Gino and JD got some good prospects but failed to bridge the gap recruiting wise to have better SP than we have now.

Hopefully Mederos and Rosario can pitch to their lofty expectations next season.

That 2019 lineup got pretty good #s out of Zamora, Gates and Amditis. Gil and Toral were monsters that year, they have regressed badly.

As far as Friday nights we are trotting out a Friday night guy now who would not even be our midweek starter in the 2019 team. The 2019 pitching talent was pretty **** good. Gino and JD got some good prospects but failed to bridge the gap recruiting wise to have better SP than we have now.

Hopefully Mederos and Rosario can pitch to their lofty expectations next season.

They will only get better. Rosario just needs to get consistent movement to be a major force. That comes with exp. He looks every bit of a MLBer to me, but his pitching style just takes time... learning grip, feel and finger pressure. Its amazing how many of these kids have no deep concept of it until they get in with a better pitching coaches or just by being around guys that have pitched at the highest level. To them its just... this is how I hold my curve and it ends there. My son's best friend was Clemson's closer a couple of years ago and is in the Mets organization now. They change the balls on them in triple A so grip, feel and finger pressure becomes a major focus point for a lot of guys. Just talking to him they just don't focus on it college, its more on consistent delivery and mindset. Finger pressure is something he was never instructed on in college because he had so much success without it. Its blow a guy a way or throw breaking pitches to weak breaking pitch hitters and if its not broke don't fix it. Rosario seems like he has the mindset and pretty good basics so that focus seems to be all that remains. I would buy stock in him for sure.

2019 Bo Durkac was a Voulnteer Assistant Coach who worked with the hitters. I wonder how much the 2019 numbers could be attributed to him.We had a .291 team average 85 HR and a slugging % of.472. Just a thought.

Advertisement
They will only get better. Rosario just needs to get consistent movement to be a major force. That comes with exp. He looks every bit of a MLBer to me, but his pitching style just takes time... learning grip, feel and finger pressure. Its amazing how many of these kids have no deep concept of it until they get in with a better pitching coaches or just by being around guys that have pitched at the highest level. To them its just... this is how I hold my curve and it ends there. My son's best friend was Clemson's closer a couple of years ago and is in the Mets organization now. They change the balls on them in triple A so grip, feel and finger pressure becomes a major focus point for a lot of guys. Just talking to him they just don't focus on it college, its more on consistent delivery and mindset. Finger pressure is something he was never instructed on in college because he had so much success without it. Its blow a guy a way or throw breaking pitches to weak breaking pitch hitters and if its not broke don't fix it. Rosario seems like he has the mindset and pretty good basics so that focus seems to be all that remains. I would buy stock in him for sure.
I actually like Mederos's "arm" a little better but both have plus stuff. Both are highly regarded recruits, they just were not ready as freshman, although I honestly thought they would have done better Freshman or not. These high profile recruit kids are around big time coaches now a days even before college with all the showcases/summer ball/cape cod/etc stuff so let's hope JD can get them right.

In my ideal world next years weekend rotation is some combo of AMac/Rosario/Mederos, a trio of guys all throwing 90+ (if Smith leaves). These 3 arms were all highly regarded, time for JD to show us what he can do. To be fair he had BVB, CMac and Slade all rolling in the short Covid 20 season, they were a formidable 1-2-3. So it's not like he can't do it he has the pitchers with the ability, and these guys do IMO

2019 Bo Durkac was a Voulnteer Assistant Coach who worked with the hitters. I wonder how much the 2019 numbers could be attributed to him.We had a .291 team average 85 HR and a slugging % of.472. Just a thought.
Nordberg Lopez hasn't impressed as the hitting coach.

I actually like Mederos's "arm" a little better but both have plus stuff. Both are highly regarded recruits, they just were not ready as freshman, although I honestly thought they would have done better Freshman or not. These high profile recruit kids are around big time coaches now a days even before college with all the showcases/summer ball/cape cod/etc stuff so let's hope JD can get them right.

In my ideal world next years weekend rotation is some combo of AMac/Rosario/Mederos, a trio of guys all throwing 90+ (if Smith leaves). These 3 arms were all highly regarded, time for JD to show us what he can do. To be fair he had BVB, CMac and Slade all rolling in the short Covid 20 season, they were a formidable 1-2-3. So it's not like he can't do it he has the pitchers with the ability, and these guys do IMO

Yeah I think Mederos is all a head game and being able to hit his spots. I like his arm. Both are going to be good starters.

CDC is batting .377 and his third in the ACC in batting average. If he ends up winning the batting crown he will be the first player to do it since Yasmani Grandal.

This season UM is 5-8 overall on Friday nights.
4-7 in Friday night ACC games. 4-8 if you count both losses at UNC that were on a Friday.

We are averaging 5 runs a game in ACC play.
Our team ERA is 4.57.

This year as a team we have hit 49 HR and 268 RBI.
In 2019 with mostly the same players we hit 85 HR and 413 RBI

HR count through 16 games last year
Toral 5
Gil 3
ADC 2

HR count through 45 games this year.
Toral 6
Gil 5
ADC 3

UM hasn’t won the Coastal since 2016.

If Miami wins tonight it will be the first time since joint the ACC they would have won all midweek games.
Does CDC have a year of eligibility left?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back