Random Observations on the OSU Game

Canegrad89

Recruit
Team fought hard to come back after a rough start but just fell short. Much better than some other bowl performances in recent years...but still nowhere close to where it needs to be. Help is on the way though with the current recruiting class.

Random observations:

1) Hope D'Eriq will recover quickly from his injury

2) Perry played well in this game...and was let down by some bad drops. Pope needs to play tougher and fight for the ball. He has potential but needs to show a little more fight.

3) We need to see more of the young WRs (Redding & Keyshawn). We will badly need physical receivers against Bama. These players will need to be ready. Some of our current WRs just aren't physical enough to hang with Bama.

4) We need another Roche type (or two) in the Portal. We got very little pressure tonight without Jaelan. Our young DL will need to step up this offseason & be ready to bring it next year. We should have had a spectacular Nascar package this year (with Jaelan, GR15 and Roche). Next year it looks like the opposite (except for HH & a couple others with some potential). Need help here via the Portal.

5) We need an infusion of Upperclassmen at LB (via the Portal). We have some talented young guys but I see virtually no resistance being provided by LBs on Defense currently. I hope our young LBs will learn & work super hard in the offseason. Our LBs were taken out of plays far too often tonight (and just weren't quite ready this year). We need to get more physical on D (especially at the LB position). Got to shore this up via the Portal or we will get gored by Bama in the opener.

6) Our DBs: Pretty poor effort tonight. I'd love to see guys tackling properly, taking good angles & showing some toughness. Yes, I'd love some ballhawks back there ultimately (like the good old days) but can we at least start with good fundamental football with some toughness displayed?

7) Chaney is, and will be, special. Hope he continues to work hard. He made one big mistake tonight but overall he's a stud and we're very lucky to have him.

8) Turnovers (including the muffed punt) were really costly.

9) OL wasn't all world but it's amazing how they've gone from the focal point of the chatter to being relatively unnoticed (not a bad thing at all). Props to the players and the coaches from getting the OL play moving in the right direction.

10) Would love to see more toughness on both sides of the ball (especially WR, LB and DB).

We need to continue recruiting at an elite level (top 10) and support Manny. If he recruits at an elite level, wins in the Portal and upgrades his defensive staff then we will improve from here. Go Canes!

Advertisement
#2 Pope has nothing. Dude is a starting WR at the Univ of Miami and had games with 0 catches. He has more catches for less than 5 yards and more drops than I care to remember.

#3 We need to opt out of that Bama game and schedule Winn Dixie Community College in its place.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perry was unreal tonight. The only knock on him was the missed TD to Brevin and the overthrow on the screen play late. He played his best ball in a Canes uniform. This game was right there with FSU and VT
He played much better than I expected he would but you forgot the most important f'up .... the fumble.

He played much better than I expected he would but you forgot the most important f'up .... the fumble.
True I forgot about that but he still had us in position to win the game. And literally put the ball in the hands of Wiggins and Pope multiple times that would’ve won it.

Team fought hard to come back after a rough start but just fell short. Much better than some other bowl performances in recent years...but still nowhere close to where it needs to be. Help is on the way though with the current recruiting class.

Random observations:

2) Perry played well in this game...and was let down by some bad drops. Pope needs to play tougher and fight for the ball. He has potential but needs to show a little more fight.

3) We need to see more of the young WRs (Redding & Keyshawn). We will badly need physical receivers against Bama. These players will need to be ready. Some of our current WRs just aren't physical enough to hang with Bama.

4) We need another Roche type (or two) in the Portal. We got very little pressure tonight without Jaelan. Our young DL will need to step up this offseason & be ready to bring it next year. We should have had a spectacular Nascar package this year (with Jaelan, GR15 and Roche). Next year it looks like the opposite (except for HH & a couple others with some potential). Need help here via the Portal.

5) We need an infusion of Upperclassmen at LB (via the Portal). We have some talented young guys but I see virtually no resistance being provided by LBs on Defense currently. I hope our young LBs will learn & work super hard in the offseason. Our LBs were taken out of plays far too often tonight (and just weren't quite ready this year). We need to get more physical on D (especially at the LB position). Got to shore this up via the Portal or we will get gored by Bama in the opener.

6) Our DBs: Pretty poor effort tonight. I'd love to see guys tackling properly, taking good angles & showing some toughness. Yes, I'd love some ballhawks back there ultimately (like the good old days) but can we at least start with good fundamental football with some toughness displayed?

7) Chaney is, and will be, special. Hope he continues to work hard. He made one big mistake tonight but overall he's a stud and we're very lucky to have him.

9) OL wasn't all world but it's amazing how they've gone from the focal point of the chatter to being relatively unnoticed (not a bad thing at all). Props to the players and the coaches from getting the OL play moving in the right direction.

10) Would love to see more toughness on both sides of the ball (especially WR, LB and DB).

We need to continue recruiting at an elite level (top 10) and support Manny. If he recruits at an elite level, wins in the Portal and upgrades his defensive staff then we will improve from here. Go Canes!
Well of course you hope King recovers.

Random observations:

Then Manny can be the recruiting coordinator. He can’t coach. Every game he has this team show up like zombies. Support him? Lol. He is stealing money and we won’t win with him. I’m done with him.

Advertisement
Stopped reading when you talked about Pope needs to show more fight. Dude wake up. He's been here 3 years. He's ******* horrible. Take away those 5 stars from HS and what do you have? Undersized, physically & mentally weak WR who drops the balls and lacks top end speed but has some wiggle. Belong as FIU...on the bench there.

We need portal players everywhere, lol.. What do we do with players we recruit?

How is Manny been here 5 years with defensive staff in tact but we need portal Dline, LB, and Corners?! WTF

You can't blame the fumble. It happened because there was a lack of reps. Perry was trying to pull the ball and keep it on the option, while Chaney thought he was handing it off. If you don't have the reps, the RB doesn't have the feel for when the QB is pulling the ball. No one really to balme there. **** happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back