Ramon Buchanon

CaneBoss

Bossman
Pretty cool article I came across and thought it was interesting. Helps to pass the time during this dead period. I always loved his potential here, but he was just so unlucky with injuries.

Via National Football Post - 10 Late Round Sleepers: Part I

2. Ramon Buchanon, OLB, Miami, Senior (6013, 220 and 4.60 E): An elite athlete, Buchanon’s promising career and high draft status has been dramatically hurt by two knee injuries. A former safety who switched to linebacker and developed into a three down linebacker with great range who excelled chasing down running plays and in pass coverage. If Buchanon returns to his pre-injury form he has the talent to start in the NFL. Five games into the 2011 season, Buchanon tore the ACL in his right knee and then after rehabbing and returning to the field for the start of the 2012 season he re-injured the same knee in Miami’s second game of 2012 and missed the rest of his college career. I doubt that Buchanon will be drafted, but if he can get back to playing at the level he was when he first hurt his knee in 2011 he will become a quality starting linebacker in the NFL.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/10-late-round-sleepers-who-could-surprise-Part-I.html

Last edited:
Advertisement
as much as i liked Buchanon's upside, he lacks awareness and the ability to adequately shed the blocks. He is very reactive, but he does has some top -end speed.

Tremendous athlete. Terrible football player.

Whoever wrote that article either never actually saw him play or has no clue what he's watching.

How do you love potential? I mean that is one of the most over-used but meaningless words in all of sports.I love good players. I hate potential and Green Tree All Americans.

Advertisement
If Ramon was coming back this year, he'd be one of my "watch out for 'em" picks. He never put it all together here, but he is an elite athlete and I think a full, senior season without injury would have allowed for him to blossom. I think he'd have put together a **** of a 2013 campaign.

I still don't quite get how the decision was made for him to move on.

RE: Awareness

If you wanted the most out of Ramon, the solution was simple.

Just fill his Gatorade bottle with Moose Juice and put opposing running backs and receivers in cop uniforms.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back