Quick thoughts

Trav

Redshirt Freshman
- This one hurts because we're better than we played in the 1st half

- I was frankly shocked at how timid both Diaz and Lashlee came out in this one. It was the one thing they could not do, but they did

- The first few scripted plays were actually decent then he went into his old 3 straight inside zone runs and a cloud of dust. I don't get it. It was so crucial at that moment to try to sieze some momentum

- Same with Diaz dropping 8 on 3rd and short when they're on your side of the 50? Man..

- Going balls to the wall out the gate may not have made a difference but at least we'd go down swinging

- The zebras sure came to play. Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but that reversed fumble call and the non safety? *Chefs kiss*

- If our OL is improved I don't see it

- If our secondary is improved I don't see it

- LBs are a bit better but Manny refused to bring in a playable portal guy but there's 44 out there playing like 50 snaps. Maybe that argument is he's out there while they wait for Brooks to get healthy, but Brooks is never healthy, so again I ask, we couldn't have used one of those portal guys with experience?

- WRs will be solid, but you won't really know that if King never gets time to throw

- King wasn't great but he didn't get much help. Van Dyke or Garcia wouldn't have helped today

Mallory still can't block. He's Mike Gisecki with less speed right now. If he gets even a little movement on the safety he was trying to block on the QB sneak King probably gets in.

We have 3 guys on defense that play consistently tough and physical enough. Rique, Couch, and James Williams. I honestly can't say that about anyone else. They flash, then disappear. The aforementioned 3 at least will play with force every play.

Bring on MSU, a game we should not be favored to win. We'll find our footing eventually, but Manny now has very little margin for error. He had the luxury today of virtually no one expecting him to win, but to put out a competitive product. He failed. The clock is ticking.

Advertisement
King isn't the answer. Good qb, great team player. But isn't going to take the Canes anywhere. Read just about every RPO wrong.

- This one hurts because we're better than we played in the 1st half

- I was frankly shocked at how timid both Diaz and Lashlee came out in this one. It was the one thing they could not do, but they did

- The first few scripted plays were actually decent then he went into his old 3 straight inside zone runs and a cloud of dust. I don't get it. It was so crucial at that moment to try to sieze some momentum

- Same with Diaz dropping 8 on 3rd and short when they're on your side of the 50? Man..

- Going balls to the wall out the gate may not have made a difference but at least we'd go down swinging

- The zebras sure came to play. Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but that reversed fumble call and the non safety? *Chefs kiss*

- If our OL is improved I don't see it

- If our secondary is improved I don't see it

- LBs are a bit better but Manny refused to bring in a playable portal guy but there's 44 out there playing like 50 snaps. Maybe that argument is he's out there while they wait for Brooks to get healthy, but Brooks is never healthy, so again I ask, we couldn't have used one of those portal guys with experience?

- WRs will be solid, but you won't really know that if King never gets time to throw

- King wasn't great but he didn't get much help. Van Dyke or Garcia wouldn't have helped today

Mallory still can't block. He's Mike Gisecki with less speed right now. If he gets even a little movement on the safety he was trying to block on the QB sneak King probably gets in.

We have 3 guys on defense that play consistently tough and physical enough. Rique, Couch, and James Williams. I honestly can't say that about anyone else. They flash, then disappear. The aforementioned 3 at least will play with force every play.

Bring on MSU, a game we should not be favored to win. We'll find our footing eventually, but Manny now has very little margin for error. He had the luxury today of virtually no one expecting him to win, but to put out a competitive product. He failed. The clock is ticking.
Good report. I would add, Harrison-Hunte was the only DL to play with some vigor.

Advertisement
Back