Quick Score Card on Manny's latest staff decisions

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Simpson - A+. There couldn't be a bigger layup than this. If Jess coached our DL this past year, we win more games. Might have only lost to Clemson. Definitely beat OSU.

Diaz as D playcaller - C. Unlike many on here, I think he is a good playcaller, but not fully taking on DC duties will definitely show up on game day. You can't let someone else coach your D, and then show up on gameday and have a feel for it. Is he better at play calling than Baker? Yes. Is my youngest daughter better at D play calling than Baker? Also, yes.

Rumph - F. I mean...I don't....what can you say...? To make Rumph a primary recruiter is equivalent to attempting to put out a fire by dousing it with gas. Truly....wow...

Baker - F-.
Wowzie, wowzie woo woo. Uhhh... we're paying a guy to...um....in the corporate world his *** would be...I mean...how do you fail by Biblical proportions and still keep the DC title and pay?

As others have said - "Manny, you better freaking win and win big." He just took a shotgun and blew to **** all of his margin and good will.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Simpson is coaching DL. And I agree. But I give Manny a B+ on play calling. He did a good job under Richt. But I just don’t understand his infatuation with Baker and Rumph. Also, Rumph serving in the recruiting doesn’t mean he actually recruits. He just makes sure players are in compliance, keep up with their families, and all the other administrative work. So don’t worry about him there. He’ll be as relevant as the girl doing the edits when it comes to recruiting.

The writing is on the wall. If Rumph, Baker and Patke were kept is because Reed and Manny wanted to keep their boys. At that point you’re not really running a program. I could careless at this point if Reed ever sticks around. Manny wins 6 to 7 wins this upcoming season and everyone should be shown the door including our spineless AD.

Manny just showed who he is as a coach when it comes to his defensive scheme and guys he's brought up. Still stuck with the aggressive bend don't break. Baker still will be coaching LB’s which were horrendous, game planning, and running practice. Patke still on staff, He shouldn't be more than an analyst. Why bring in Trob just to hire a GREEN coach to do CB? Rumph gets fired for awful recruiting and gets put in head recruiting position hahaha you can't make this up. Unpopular opinion, I'm not as high on Simp as others because he didn't recruit anyone great and the dline was ok with him. definitely think he's gets exposed this year not having the talent we did.

Advertisement
If u think manny is just gonna show up and call plays, you’re a moron. This is a demotion for baker. Manny will let lashlee win the offense and focus his time on defense
Agreed completely. Baker's only role, which I question if he can do effectively, will be to coach LB's

Simpson coming back is huge. I think he’s super legit.

The Trob and DVD recruiting tandem should be elite.

Keeping Baker and Rumph is terrible imo. I also don’t love Manny calling plays. Takes away from his time being the head man

There must be a flier that all these HCs get. “Come to Miami and hire all your buddies and pay them way too much”. And why DVD? 0 reason to hire a CB coach after hiring a different CB coach

Advertisement
Simpson is coaching DL. And I agree. But I give Manny a B+ on play calling. He did a good job under Richt. But I just don’t understand his infatuation with Baker and Rumph. Also, Rumph serving in the recruiting doesn’t mean he actually recruits. He just makes sure players are in compliance, keep up with their families, and all the other administrative work. So don’t worry about him there. He’ll be as relevant as the girl doing the edits when it comes to recruiting.
CMD's infatuation with both guys is that they are his buddies, hopefully like in corporate America its a package so they can hunt their next opportunity,,,,, i did say hopefully

I'm very disappointed right now....this might be why we haven't heard any news on a certain portal CB. And how does this work with TRob? Is he the Defensive Backs/Secondary coach or is he purely a Safety coach? IMO Manny is allowing TRob have full control of the Secondary and DVD is his assistant...but to gain the advantage of DVDs recruiting abilities he's made as the "CB" coach. Baker is LB coach, Patke's role remains the same, and Jess is DL coach which is obviously good news for us.

IDK if things just didn't go Manny's way due to us getting outbidded by other programs, or if CMD just wants to do it his way and keep the guys "he trusts" around him. Either way, if DEF performs similar to 2020 outfit, we can kiss all 3 of Lashlee/TRob/Simpson goodbye because they will not stick around on a sinking ship when other schools/NFL teams are calling (Simpson-NFL).

Manny just showed who he is as a coach when it comes to his defensive scheme and guys he's brought up. Still stuck with the aggressive bend don't break. Baker still will be coaching LB’s which were horrendous, game planning, and running practice. Patke still on staff, He shouldn't be more than an analyst. Why bring in Trob just to hire a GREEN coach to do CB? Rumph gets fired for awful recruiting and gets put in head recruiting position hahaha you can't make this up. Unpopular opinion, I'm not as high on Simp as others because he didn't recruit anyone great and the dline was ok with him. definitely think he's gets exposed this year not having the talent we did.
Honestly though look around . **** near every “top” defense is essentially an aggressive bend don’t break defense. Make a couple big plays or benefit from a few mistakes, and just don’t give up more points than the other team seems to be the more common theme vs. old school straight up we want to dominate a team’s offense . Nobody cares about yards anymore . Whoever has the best offense wins. The SEC championship game score was 52-46 . Like others have said recently offenses are just too good and they get extra benefit from the rules on top of that

Advertisement
Honestly though look around . **** near every “top” defense is essentially an aggressive bend don’t break defense. Make a couple big plays or benefit from a few mistakes, and just don’t give up more points than the other team seems to be the more common theme vs. old school straight up we want to dominate a team’s offense . Nobody cares about yards anymore . Whoever has the best offense wins. The SEC championship game score was 52-46 . Like others have said recently offenses are just too good and they get extra benefit from the rules on top of that
This is partially true, most of the big dogs are still aggressive and don't let the offense dictate the game. Which anytime we play an offense with a pulse will be the case.

If u think manny is just gonna show up and call plays, you’re a moron. This is a demotion for baker. Manny will let lashlee win the offense and focus his time on defense
Then why even keep him?

Advertisement
Back