Question with new hire and recruiting

cleveland cane

Freshman
I know when the new head coach is hired he can go out and recruit. The question is can the new coach hire some assistants while current staff is still here and go out recruiting.

Advertisement
What timeframe are we looking at before the recruits start wondering why we haven't got a coach, and start looking around?
I don't think recruits are a reason to hire a coach without a good search.. But I wonder how long we got

Advertisement
What timeframe are we looking at before the recruits start wondering why we haven't got a coach, and start looking around?
I don't think recruits are a reason to hire a coach without a good search.. But I wonder how long we got

Another month. By mid December. We should have a coach by then.

As far as the timeframe, the most critical issue are early enrollees -- e.g. Quarterman. If we don't have anyone in place in time to give them a chance to develop some sort of relationship with the early enrollee recruits then we are essentially writing them off.

I know you don't hire a head coach just to save a recruiting class. But it at least is one more positive for Butch v. other candidates who would still be coaching in January.

I hope we can get Butch in here in the next 30 days, I just hope the admin doesn't " paint themselves into a corner" then panic and get a less qualified person

Advertisement
I hope we can get Butch in here in the next 30 days, I just hope the admin doesn't " paint themselves into a corner" then panic and get a less qualified person

There you go. I thought you knew the name. drifters is spot on with the EE issue. Crucial to them because they are on completely different time schedule and need to know.

Advertisement
Back