question regarding herman

cleveland cane

Freshman
If Miami does make Herman their coach I am fine with that. But I have a question. How much do you really think he would be in it. He became HC this year and bolts for another job. Whats to say he doesn't bolt for another job in 2 years and than we are back to where we are at today. This idea of him jumping ship after 1 year scares me to think he would job again especially if a school like Texas or Tenn maybe even Georgia would open up within the next couple of years. What is everyones take on this.

For me its simple Bring Butch Back ...

Advertisement
If he ends up getting hired away by a place like UGA, it means he's been successful here. After 10 years of Shannon and Golden, I'll take that.

Since Howard, Miami has NEVER lost an HC to another program.

I am not concerned now at all. If a coach left because of success, I am okay with that because we had success. Remember what that felt like?

Another inferiority complex post?!???

Have some confidence!

Pay enough money, provide the appropriate resources for staff, support, and facilities, and get fans out to the stadium. A winning coach will stay if we do that.

And if he doesn't, the job will be that much more attractive to the next candidate.

Another inferiority complex post?!???

Have some confidence!

Pay enough money, provide the appropriate resources for staff, support, and facilities, and get fans out to the stadium. A winning coach will stay if we do that.

And if he doesn't, the job will be that much more attractive to the next candidate.

What else do you expect from this fan base?

Advertisement
If Miami does make Herman their coach I am fine with that. But I have a question. How much do you really think he would be in it. He became HC this year and bolts for another job. Whats to say he doesn't bolt for another job in 2 years and than we are back to where we are at today. This idea of him jumping ship after 1 year scares me to think he would job again especially if a school like Texas or Tenn maybe even Georgia would open up within the next couple of years. What is everyones take on this.

Butch Davis built the greatest team in football history; began repeating that at UNC; wants to work for us.

So, my questions regarding Herman are:

1. Is Herman better than Butch? No.
2. Is Herman equal to Butch? No.
3. Would Herman bolt, like Butch? Yes.
4. Would Butch bolt again? No
3. Fuggetabouit!

One more question about Herman. How long are we going to wait for this guy? They're going to make a bowl. He may, or may not, get another job before then. But, he will play all interested parties for max money.

Meanwhile, the recruiting class sits in limbo.

[video=youtube;mwWFZZR2ifM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwWFZZR2ifM[/video]

Butch is available TODAY. Right NOW.

AND

Butch Davis built the greatest team in football history. He began repeating it at UNC. He wants to work for us.

One more question about Herman. How long are we going to wait for this guy? They're going to make a bowl. He may, or may not, get another job before then. But, he will play all interested parties for max money.

Meanwhile, the recruiting class sits in limbo.

Klamalama makes a compelling argument here. At the the rate UH is going they'll be in a bowl game in January... giving him about a month to settle down here, get his assistants, and salvage a recruiting class before signing day (Feb 3). That is a little scary.

Advertisement
Most coaches that leave do it before the bowl game and let an interim run the team. That's what I'd imagine he'd do.

Man this fanbase is so soft.

You realize that this is ideal for Miami, right? This job isn't a destination job like the ***** before us tried to make it. I hope Herman comes here, wins big, and moves on to greener pastures like all of the great ones before him.

Advertisement

Butch Davis is lyfer! Butch or Bust.

Advertisement
Back