Question on the ND defense

wacane

Sophomore
Last week CMR said there would be opportunist to take shots due to the style of defense VT plays. What kind of defense can we expect from ND? Will we be afforded the same opportunities? Or will they take away the deep stuff and try to force us to drive the length of the field?

Advertisement
Last week CMR said there would be opportunist to take shots due to the style of defense VT plays. What kind of defense can we expect from ND? Will we be afforded the same opportunities? Or will they take away the deep stuff and try to force us to drive the length of the field?

They play bend but don't break ghey a$$ defense.. soft coverage and two deep safeties.. running and underneath passing attack plus shots over the middle is the way to attack

From what I've read, they are a much more conservative defense. They are going to force us to put together long drives and not take chances which may lead to a big play. I watched the WF highlights, the QB seemed to have success running, think Rosier will need to do the same.

RB’s, TE’s could have a big day. Also I’d like to see how they’ll defend bubble screens & flairs to herndon.

zone all day. no man to man.

Advertisement
They play alot of zone and sit back and keep everything in front of them then rally to the ball with gang tackles.. gorlden wet dream defense but they actually execute it.. They actually do a good job of disguising pressure..

I think with a qb like rosier trying to go underneath is playing right into their hands.. They squat on all short stuff ANF have gotten picks and pick 6 because of it..

I think they can be had in medium to deep passing game.. They try to discourage it by scheme but we can have success.. I think we go empty back more too.. They stay in base d alot.. we can exploit them

I don't like idea of trying to dink n dunk down field.. we don't have to Brady.. our personnel is better suited for deep shots with berrios and Herndon middle field

Need to run crossing routes underneath linebackers with Herndon and running backs and skinny post, slants, deep square in behind linebackers.

They're not as conservative as you all make it seem. I just watched the extended WF highlights and they often sent additional rushers (1-2).

Advertisement
They're not as conservative as you all make it seem. I just watched the extended WF highlights and they often sent additional rushers (1-2).
Who does WF have to threaten them deep?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

i was so impressed with rosier and richt gameplanning the qb run more this game

the reads were there but they changed the read and was obvious that Rosier had been told to look to run more, think it'll help throw ND off on how to play us

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back