Question on the AH kids

RedSquare

Freshman
From the Herald today:

"Reigning College World Series champion Vanderbilt is getting two terrific American Heritage recruits in center fielder Enrique Bradfield and first baseman Gavin Casas."

So it's not just Mike Rumph that gets his *** handed to him recruiting American Heritage. (Ok, apologies for the cheap shot).

Legit question though, is that I haven't seen Bradfield or Casas in person. What's the story on these guys? Are they as good as hyped? Were we ever a factor for them?

Advertisement
The draft being shortened to 5 rounds certainly changed things big time as far as available talent.

No kid with 6-10th round projections who wasn't drafted is going to sign for $20k

The draft being shortened to 5 rounds certainly changed things big time as far as available talent.

No kid with 6-10th round projections who wasn't drafted is going to sign for $20k

I get that, but my question was about these two guys specifically. since I haven't seen either of them, just wondering if UM was a factor

I get that, but my question was about these two guys specifically. since I haven't seen either of them, just wondering if UM was a factor

Casas' older brother was a UM commit but signed with the Red Sox a few years ago.

Bradfield has big league speed.

Both guys played for Elite Squad who has deep ties with UM, I'm sure they were pursued.

Casas' older brother was a UM commit but signed with the Red Sox a few years ago.

Both guys played for Elite Squad who has deep ties with UM, I'm sure they were pursued.
Mark Vientos was another kid that was committed to UM but was drafted pretty high. He only played his senior season at Heritage though and was committed to UM long before he transferred

Advertisement

Triston. Kid is an absolute stud. He only hit about .250 this year in A ball but he did have 20 homers. Huge upside.

Advertisement
Back