Question - Getting Off Blocks

ncncanes

Junior
Can someone that played the game explain to me how NO ONE on our D can get off blocks? D Line, LBs and ever DBs just got stood up every play. Even when we blitz, no one breaks through.

Also B McGee on run D - wow looks like Deion. He actually tried to tackle someone by the top of their head last night

Advertisement
I'll say this, those refs were allowing a ton of holding from the domer wide receivers.

Can someone that played the game explain to me how NO ONE on our D can get off blocks? D Line, LBs and ever DBs just got stood up every play. Even when we blitz, no one breaks through.

Also B McGee on run D - wow looks like Deion. He actually tried to tackle someone by the top of their head last night

McGee's tackling is downright comical! Its minimal football instincts, poor angles and over pursuing. As for the dline it's the worst effort I've seen since following the Canes in 83. Absolutely horrendous!

This is why every time you nincompoops want to recruit these undersized kids with "south Florida speed" at every position I want to slap you in the face.

Yes, we didn't get off a single block. A 190 lbs thruston armbrister or Tyrone Cornelius being blocked by a 260 lbs tight end is going to lose that war. Matter of fact, McCord too.

Norte dame were bigger and stronger than us and more physical. K state too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back