Quentin Williams DE/OLB from NC

He's slower than the LBers we have now??
Lol....Stop it...you act like we have 3-4 Darrin Smiths on our team....
??? 4.8 is slow for a LB period. It's not that hard to comprehend. If shaq has sideline to sideline trouble what makes u think he will be any better?

Advertisement
its been proven you can improve your speed in college.
When it comes to the skill positions and RB, then yeah. But there are not a lot of cases where a LB gets faster during college and who says that Miami are implementing workouts that cater to speed.

When it comes to the skill positions and RB, then yeah. But there are not a lot of cases where a LB gets faster during college and who says that Miami are implementing workouts that cater to speed.
What? If Miami wants him at LB, I'm sure they'll make him work on his speed

Last edited:
Advertisement
He ran a 4.80 forty

U right... was looking at another kids time the same time i was typing this up. Same still applies... 2 tenths difference can easily be made up by a quicker 1st step off the line, better form, and running in a straight line. Some kids veer to the right or left or both when running their 40 and that causes slower times.

Advertisement
The kid looks like he'll get bigger once he gets in college. He'll be too big for LB. DE all the way.

235 is too big now for a linebacker?? Just stop it

With proper nutrition and S&C he can be a 240 LB with a reshaped body.

People dogging about a 40 time...

What's his cone drill times?? Vert?

Those tell me more about his explosion and being able to operate quickly in the trenches to win

235 is too big now for a linebacker?? Just stop it

With proper nutrition and S&C he can be a 240 LB with a reshaped body.
[/QUOTE]

I think he is a DE all the way. He already plays with his hands in the dirt and he is **** good at it. Usually when you move a DE to LB in college is because he isnt big enough or long enough to play DE at the next level. I think this kid is both so I dont see a reason for the move

??? 4.8 is slow for a LB period. It's not that hard to comprehend. If shaq has sideline to sideline trouble what makes u think he will be any better?

Do you think McCluster should be a take? Because he ran a 5.0+ 40.

Really you should actually look at what guys run. A laser-timed 4.8 is pretty solid for a HS LB. There are plenty of guys you would consider takes in that range. You never complained about Solomon and he ran a 4.82.

Get away from the fantasy that there are a bunch of guys out there running 4.4-4.5. There arent even many DBs/WRs in that range when you arent doing hand times

Advertisement
Do you think McCluster should be a take? Because he ran a 5.0+ 40.

Really you should actually look at what guys run. A laser-timed 4.8 is pretty solid for a HS LB. There are plenty of guys you would consider takes in that range. You never complained about Solomon and he ran a 4.82.

Get away from the fantasy that there are a bunch of guys out there running 4.4-4.5. There arent even many DBs/WRs in that range when you arent doing hand times
I'm in no fantasy, and I dont expect to get a whole bunch of LBs that run 4.4-4.5. No I don't think Jaiyon is a take. There are plenty of LB that run in the range of 4.5-4.7 and have great shuttle time. I thought the Miami style was to get bigger, and more physical DBs and turn them into to LB and have LB that are faster than your average college LB, which is not hard to find. That being said I love him at DE.

Advertisement
Back