QB Update | David Cornwell visits Bama

TexCane

Sophomore
3/19/13: ESPN Insider reported yesterday that 2014 QB David Cornwell (Norman, Okla./Norman) made an unofficial visit to Alabama last weekend.

This isn’t Cornwell’s first time in Tuscaloosa. He also attended the Crimson Tide’s first Junior Day in January. David came away very impressed with the facilities, coaches and how the practices were conducted. He called the practices, “NFL quality.”

David met Tide QB AJ McCarron during his visit. He even texted a picture of the two QBs to friends. Cornwell, however, is not finished his UVs, as he is touring SEC schools on his spring break. He said he will likely know what school he wants to go to by the end of spring practice, but won’t announce it until June.

Cornwell is currently rated 97 and ranked the #4 PRO QB in the nation by the 247Sports Composite.

Tex

Advertisement
Cornell is a guy we will not get, we have Alin and that should be it for this class imho

awesome news. Can't wait to see other updates of recruits visiting schools other than Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Um, why is this posted on a Miami Hurricanes website?

Hi Scuba...

David Cornwell has been "offered" by the Canes. At this time, he is the highest ranking QB Miami is recruiting. My reports bring any news on an "offered" Miami prospect.

I hope this was helpful. Go Canes?

Tex

Advertisement
Great post, would def like to know more tex

Hi Sniffin...

Thanks. While we immediately think of Speedy as a WR, he actually plays QB for Eda Carr. He can flat out burn. When he touches the football, something positive always happens. Reminds me, in style, of Corn Elders. I'm afraid though, that we are a long shot unless his buddy, Standish Dobard, can convince him to visit Coral Gables.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Tex

Advertisement
Back