QB NIL market value

The privilege of having the last name "Manning" lmao. Jeeeeesus.
That kid has a target on his back like no other player In recent history. There’ll be more people hoping and cheering for him to suck than rooting for him. The pressure will be insane. All the mini Skip Bayless’s waiting to drop their hot takes that “he’s overrated garbage”.

If he’s half as good as his peeps it’ll be impressive. His last name might get him some hype but you’re crazy if you don’t think its a curse at the same time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That kid has a target on his back like no other player In recent history. There’ll be more people hoping and cheering for him to suck than rooting for him. The pressure will be insane. All the mini Skip Bayless’s waiting to drop their hot takes that “he’s overrated garbage”.

If he’s half as good as his peeps it’ll be impressive. His last name might get him some hype but you’re crazy if you don’t its a curse at the same time.
Naw I get it completely, the numerical discrepancy is just insane to me, thats all

What the **** has a Manning ever done for this kid to be hyped like this?

The pedigree he has is tried and true.

The kid still has to prove himself. Imagine a small school paying him 2-3 million with the understanding he would only be there one year & then graduate to a P5 contender.

It sounds like everyone would win in that scenario.

I get your point, but the "Manning" last name can generate quite a bit of money in football.

Advertisement
Naw I get it completely, the numerical discrepancy is just insane to me, thats all
This is where you have to remember that value is not just about talent or performance. It's about marketing. For better or worse, his last name alone makes him more marketable.

It’s an estimate valuation of what they could get, not necessarily exactly what they will or are getting.

NIL is a speculative market right now, so therefore prices will always be higher than the actual return on investment in value because the market hasn’t been set yet. Like I already told yall, this is the beginning of the NIL bubble, which is in the Substitution & Takeoff stage.

The valuation of the NIL market will come down once the Bubble hits Critical stage, which more than likely won’t happen for a couple of seasons, but none of these high numbers will remain the same for prospects over time.

For fans who trip out over NIL every day, do yourself a favor & dust off some of those old Econ books, NIL will not sustain in its current version.
The guys currently in college and the ones entering soon got in at just the right time. It’s still a booster d@$k measuring contest and we haven’t seen any highly compensated player totally flop yet.

With the transfer portal, paying big time NIL money to a high school quarterback is risky, at best. The ROI seems pretty low

What the **** has a Manning ever done for this kid to be hyped like this?
I asked about that earlier, and the response was that he was such a superlative talent that his 247 score might actually be perfect. Still, I wonder if his last name was Smith, would he be that highly rated.

The pedigree he has is tried and true.

The kid still has to prove himself. Imagine a small school paying him 2-3 million with the understanding he would only be there one year & then graduate to a P5 contender.

It sounds like everyone would win in that scenario.

I get your point, but the "Manning" last name can generate quite a bit of money in football.
I could imagine an A&M paying him $20M because some booster in their Borg...I mean Moe...I mean Aggie Collective wanted to make a statement.

Advertisement
There's a difference between value (from OP's screenshot) and what he got actually paid.

Assuming that the screenshot is calculated correctly, Nico got overpaid.
What does the value represent? It's supposed to be NIL. I don't know how ON3 computes NIL value. NIL is name, image, and likeness value for endorsement deals. I have a hard time believing any of these college bound high school kids have six figure value outside of Manning and that's just because of his family name. At any case, the amount being paid above the estimated player value is "pay for play." There's no two ways around it. It's not like there are companies out here competing with each other to sign these young men as endorsers of their businesses and products. What you have are collectives representing schools competing with each other to buy the player's football services.

I kind of feel bad for the kid. There's just no way he can live up to the hype. Hopefully he is strong mentally and has a great support system because he's going to need it.
Seems like the family knows how to manage expectations. Peyton and Eli were #1 picks and seem like they can keep the young man on the right track.

If he’s half as good as his peeps it’ll be impressive. His last name might get him some hype but you’re crazy if you don’t its a curse at the same time.
I hear what you're saying but the expectations shouldn't be all that new for the young man. But I do agree that there will be a huge group of people hoping for his fall which is ridiculous IMO.

Advertisement
Hes a legit five star, there’s no debating that. I was just saying his name has pros but also has cons.
Comes with the territory. Fortunately for him, his grandfather, father, and 2 uncles can help him navigate the noise - and there will be a lot of it.

THREE POINT ONE MILLION????

FB_IMG_1651957185728.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back