Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

^ posted on June 8th in response to a 247 write up from a Texas 8&4 writer.

Again seems as though rookie Billy showed all his cards too early, while those with the better hands just sat back and watched

Again, this is the difference between a desperate recruiter like Gaypier and an experienced "had my heart broken one too many times" super-prepared recruiter like Mario.

Gaypier lurches around, and thinks that he is going to impress a kid by demonstrating how much he is desired. "See, I'm not recruiting anyone else, you're our #1 guy, I won't even take a second kid at the position". If you go back and look at the timeline of Gaypier's recruiting at this position when he was hired, and you look at the Gaytor postings, it kinda goes in a linear direction. In February, they though they were getting A. In March, it shifted to B. In April it became C, and now in May and June, Jaden Rashada is suddenly the most important recruit on the board. Same reason the Gaytors were left pulling their puds when they whiffed on Citizen and Perkins.

Meanwhile, we probably need to do some re-education on some of the Canes fans, because they are more accustomed to "horse-race" recruiting, like what Gaypier does, instead of what Mario does. For six months now, I've watched people like @Cribby and @LeedsCane and a few other significant insiders tell us that "Mario has multiple candidates for every job opening", or that "Mario has sooooo many recruits who he is interested in, many that you're not even aware of", while the same-old crew of Canes fans runs around ONLY believing in interwebz-published news articles. If Ferman or Shodell or Gaby or someone similar doesn't "write an article" about a recruit every few weeks, that MUST mean that Miami has "cooled on him" or stopped recruiting altogether.

These same fans just look at our ranked offer lists and think that our coaches are recruiting in a numerically sequential order. If we don't get #1 on the list, we got out-recruited, or some such nonsense. The reality is that Mario recruits everyone he offers, some more quietly than others. Mario never gives up, he has flipped or pulled guys that many fans have given up on (Skinner, Citizen) and he believes it is important to "even finish 2nd" in the Portal Era. So the "old way" of cutting off contact with a recruit once he picks another school is NOT how Mario is going to operate.

I said it earlier, I think our priority order is Rashada-Moore-Williams. I think MARIO HIMSELF has the longest/strongest relationship with Rashada, having nothing to do with what his "official star ranking" is. I think our OC has a lot of affinity for Moore, and our QB Coach was the one to discover Williams. That's why I think we are prioritizing the way that we are. Fvck Rivals. Fvck 247. Fvck on3. And if we somehow missed on all three of those guys, Mario is coolly and calmly going to focus on Portal 2023 for another QB.

That's why this is different. Mario doesn't want to be locked into the old approach of working down your recruiting board in a linear fashion. Look at the Gaytor boards, they thought that because Miami was "hosting Williams" that we were "out on Rashada". BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THEY OPERATE. But that's not how Mario operates.

Get used to it. We are going to have a LOT more options as long as Mario is coaching. We are not going to be throwing money and personal blowjobs at players that we have made ourselves desperate for because we have no fallback options.

And knowing Mario's personality, I'm sure he is stating this in a very honest no-pressure fashion to these recruits. The recruits know **** well that Mario has several recruits for every position, and that he likes them all and could live with any of them. And that while a quick decision is HELPFUL, Mario doesn't want a rash decision that results in a premature commit and an eventual decommit, because LATE in the recruiting cycle is when everyone gets desperate to fill spots that they previously thought were filled by a guy who just decommitted.

Go back to the BEGINNING of the Gaytor Tears thread. This is EXACTLY what McSharkfvcker used to do at Florida. He'd get flustered at the end of every cyle and take the highest-rated available candidate, which often left him with red-flag kids who didn't stick.

We ain't the Gaytors. They have Billy's Army, we have a Cristobal Hulk.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And knowing Mario's personality, I'm sure he is stating this in a very honest no-pressure fashion to these recruits. They know **** well that Mario has several recruits for every position, and that he likes them all and could live with any of them. And that while a quick decision is HELPFUL, he doesn't want a rash decision that results in a premature commit and an eventual decommit, because LATE in the recruiting cycle is when everyone gets desperate to fill spots that they previously thought were filled by a guy who just decommitted.
Case in point, witness the TE situation. Mario brought in 2 TEs the same weekend and its looking like both will commit. The highest rated TE of the bunch is coming in this weekend and he'll know beforehand we already have at least one if not two TEs committed. Mario sees a weakness (physicality and athleticism in this case) and brings in multiple candidates to address it. QB is no different from a multi-candidate standpoint.

The reason for this is the perennial playoff teams don't have too. The overpaying QB market is mostly for teams trying to become relevant. Some schools can use pedigree to sign a top QB and some schools are Florida/Tennessee.
Supply and demand. The teams on the outside looking in might have to buy their way back to relevancy. The worse the team, the bigger the buy in.

Last edited:
They’re not one good class away from competing with UGA
I meant in the standings not necessarily on the field. They’ll need to drop 8&4 type bags for years to get to UGA level.

I would hope their expectations aren’t to go toe to toe with uga. But if they can get to 10 wins in the next few years (something they haven’t done since 07) I think they would happily sign up for that.

Advertisement
This. Still believe he ends up at Florida. 1.5 million a year for a unproven high school QB is outrageous. Hopefully it bites them and Tennessee in the ***.
Agreed. Right now NIL is still a booster **** measuring contest. We'll see how well these biding wars hold up after half the high price recruits bust. There's going to be a lot of buyer's remorse in the years to come.

If we get this kid lol…..
nuclear explosion bomb GIF

This. Still believe he ends up at Florida. 1.5 million a year for a unproven high school QB is outrageous. Hopefully it bites them and Tennessee in the ***.
Lol how much does a practice squad NFL QB going to make this year?

Think about that for a second.

I’m all for kids getting paid so if someone’s going to give a 17 year old high school QB more than an NFL QB you gotta take it lol.

What if he has a bad senior year? Can you even renegotiate?

There will be a lot of busts in the next couple of years and hopefully that corrects the market.

Last edited:
I know this is somewhat OT, but does anyone think Tennessee regrets the bag they dropped on Nico, and how it shifted the market?

What was weird about it was USC already had their QB locked in. So it would have been competitive but man if those numbers are close to what they are they ****ed the market for even themselves moving forward. He can still leave after a year and then any solid portal QB will ask where that $2m per was going lol

Advertisement
Again, this is the difference between a desperate recruiter like Gaypier and an experienced "had my heart broken one too many times" super-prepared recruiter like Mario.

Gaypier lurches around, and thinks that he is going to impress a kid by demonstrating how much he is desired. "See, I'm not recruiting anyone else, you're our #1 guy, I won't even take a second kid at the position". If you go back and look at the timeline of Gaypier's recruiting at this position when he was hired, and you look at the Gaytor postings, it kinda goes in a linear direction. In February, they though they were getting A. In March, it shifted to B. In April it became C, and now in May and June, Jaden Rashada is suddenly the most important recruit on the board. Same reason the Gaytors were left pulling their puds when they whiffed on Citizen and Perkins.

Meanwhile, we probably need to do some re-education on some of the Canes fans, because they are more accustomed to "horse-race" recruiting, like what Gaypier does, instead of what Mario does. For six months now, I've watched people like @Cribby and @LeedsCane and a few other significant insiders tell us that "Mario has multiple candidates for every job opening", or that "Mario has sooooo many recruits who he is interested in, many that you're not even aware of", while the same-old crew of Canes fans runs around ONLY believing in interwebz-published news articles. If Ferman or Shodell or Gaby or someone similar doesn't "write an article" about a recruit every few weeks, that MUST mean that Miami has "cooled on him" or stopped recruiting altogether.
These same fans just look at our ranked offer lists and think that our coaches are recruiting in a numerically sequential order. If we don't get #1 on the list, we got out-recruited, or some such nonsense. The reality is that Mario recruits everyone he offers, some more quietly than others. Mario never gives up, he has flipped or pulled guys that many fans have given up on (Skinner, Citizen) and he believes it is important to "even finish 2nd" in the Portal Era. So the "old way" of cutting off contact with a recruit once he picks another school is NOT how Mario is going to operate.

I said it earlier, I think our priority order is Rashada-Moore-Williams. I think MARIO HIMSELF has the longest/strongest relationship with Rashada, having nothing to do with what his "official star ranking" is. I think our OC has a lot of affinity for Moore, and our QB Coach was the one to discover Williams. That's why I think we are prioritizing the way that we are. Fvck Rivals. Fvck 247. Fvck on3. And if we somehow missed on all three of those guys, Mario is coolly and calmly going to focus on Portal 2023 for another QB.

That's why this is different. Mario doesn't want to be locked into the old approach of working down your recruiting board in a linear fashion. Look at the Gaytor boards, they thought that because Miami was "hosting Williams" that we were "out on Rashada". BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THEY OPERATE. But that's not how Mario operates.

Get used to it. We are going to have a LOT more options as long as Mario is coaching. We are not going to be throwing money and personal blowjobs at players that we have made ourselves desperate for because we have no fallback options.

And knowing Mario's personality, I'm sure he is stating this in a very honest no-pressure fashion to these recruits. They know **** well that Mario has several recruits for every position, and that he likes them all and could live with any of them. And that while a quick decision is HELPFUL, he doesn't want a rash decision that results in a premature commit and an eventual decommit, because LATE in the recruiting cycle is when everyone gets desperate to fill spots that they previously thought were filled by a guy who just decommitted.

Go back to the BEGINNING of the Gaytor Tears thread. This is EXACTLY what McSharkfvcker used to do at Florida. He'd get flustered at the end of every cyle and take the highest-rated available candidate, which often left him with red-flag kids who didn't stick.

We ain't the Gaytors. They have Billy's Army, we have a Cristobal Hulk.

One of the best posts in this thread.100%

I know this is somewhat OT, but does anyone think Tennessee regrets the bag they dropped on Nico, and how it shifted the market?
If they don't sign a top 10 class that would be the first red flag. They probably won't start to regret anything until he's on campus.

Case in point, witness the TE situation. Mario brought in 2 TEs the same weekend and its looking like both will commit. The highest rated TE of the bunch is coming in this weekend and he'll know beforehand we already have at least one if not two TEs committed. Mario sees a weakness (physicality and athleticism in this case) and brings in multiple candidates to address it. QB is no different from a multi-candidate standpoint.
I immediately thought of the TE movement we’ve seen this week when TOC made that excellent post, spot on

Advertisement
I think what is funny is that the market does not appear to have shifted... yet.

We are seeing that desperate teams will throw ridiculous cash at elite QBs but a lot of the elites are being more conservative and probably calling the desperate teams out on it. I could imagine Saban, Jimbo, Day or even Mario saying to a recruit team x is desperate and run by knuckleheads. You really wanna go play for that **** show and risk your whole career over a small signing bonus.

I expect over the next couple years we will get a run of elite QBs taking big NIL deals with desperate teams that are poorly run and those kids busting.
Whether from poor coaching or a ****** supporting cast (because the team in question put all their firepower behind the big QB name.)

It might come to pass that recruits will see crazy NIL deals that are way above their percieved market value among the elites as a red flag that a program is run by a bunch of desperate idiots.

It is also plausible that the elites lose enough blue chippers to say **** it and just start paying the crazy money because they are able to spend at that level without consequence.

Doubtful unless Nico doesn’t live up to the hype. Tennessee is desperate to be relevant again. In addition, it’s not like their state is producing high quality talent at an acceptable rate. They’re going to have to spend to get decent players to come from other places.

It’s crazy because in the 90’s, Tennesse was one of the hottest destinations for big time recruits.

Alabama, LSU, and UF started going after the biggest coaching names in the game. Tennessee played the good ole boy network and it destroyed their program.

It’s crazy because in the 90’s, Tennesse was one of the hottest destinations for big time recruits.

Alabama, LSU, and UF started going after the biggest coaching names in the game. Tennessee played the good ole boy network and it destroyed their program.
McGahee destroyed them single-handedly and they've never recovered. LOL

Advertisement
I think what is funny is that the market does not appear to have shifted... yet.

We are seeing that desperate teams will throw ridiculous cash at elite QBs but a lot of the elites are being more conservative and probably calling the desperate teams out on it. I could imagine Saban, Jimbo, Day or even Mario saying to a recruit team x is desperate and run by knuckleheads. You really wanna go play for that **** show and risk your whole career over a small signing bonus.
I think it's more a case that some teams have QB depth and some don't. Teams that are desperate for a game changer at QB are willing to pend a ton of money while teams with options don't have to. The only reason Miami doesn't have to overpay for Jaden Rashada right now is because Rhett Lashlee signed Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown the last two years. Miami could sign nobody at QB this year and still be alright. Although, I'd prefer they sign somebody even if it's only Emory Williams.

They lost control of Carolinas/Virginia in recruiting. Personally I’m glad. Probably the worst fan base in existence.

I think what is funny is that the market does not appear to have shifted... yet. We are seeing that desperate teams will throw ridiculous cash at elite QBs but a lot of the elites are being more conservative and probably calling the desperate teams out on it. I could imagine Saban, Jimbo, Day or even Mario saying to a recruit team x is desperate and run by knuckleheads. You really wanna go play for that **** show and risk your whole career over a small signing bonus.

I expect over the next couple years we will get a run of elite QBs taking big NIL deals with desperate teams that are poorly run and those kids busting.
Whether from poor coaching or a ****** supporting cast (because the team in question put all their firepower behind the big QB name.)

It might come to pass that recruits will see crazy NIL deals that are way above their percieved market value among the elites as a red flag that a program is run by a bunch of desperate idiots.

It is also plausible that the elites lose enough blue chippers to say **** it and just start paying the crazy money because they are able to spend at that level without consequence.

I believe this is going to be the biggest factor in "keeping prices reasonable".

Desperate money will land some players. But if the coaching and the chemistry sucks, those big-ticket acquisitions will deliver very few wins and zero rings.

Once you get a few years of "actual results" to build the Saban/Jimbo/Day/Mario argument, then I think you won't have as many (successful) efforts to overpay to buy one's way out of obscurity. Not because the schools won't offer, but because smarter kids will see through the pretense.

Advertisement
Back