Putting Recruiting Rankings in Perspective

JimiGerman

Recruit
I'll make this brief, it is my belief that recruiting rankings DO mean something.

Looking back at the FSU team that just won a National Championship and analyzing how that team was built can really help give Canes fans some perspective when considering the recruiting rankings battle.

Rivals Recruiting Rankings:

FSU
2010: #10
2011: #2
2012: #6
2013: #10

Miami
2010: #16
2011: #36
2012: #9
2013: #20

So what does this mean? It means that this team is a couple really elite recruiting classes away from competing for meaningful post-season titles. I consider this year's class to be the foundation class that FSU brought in during the 2010 cycle. If Al is unable to land elite classes in the 2015 cycle, then I will start to panic. But for now, I think he has performed admirably given that he had 1/2 of his team from #36th and #20th ranked recruiting classes during an NCAA scandal no-less. I don't think Al deserves any excuses going forward so let's welcome this next class and hope, HOPE, that they are the start of something special.

Advertisement
You need a good head coach and assistants.

Hate to say it but FSU isn't at the top because of Winston. (they lose what? 1 game without winston?) Fisher hires a good staff. He lost like all of his assistants and 11 draft picks and turns around to hire a staff just as good.

Meanwhile Al is keeping No D and hires FSU's TE coach/recruiter to be our QB coach & OC. (and people wonder why our offense and Morris regressed)

I don't agree. I am not debating whether stars are important, I am just saying their is a bigger issue than the quality of the talent (ACCORDING TO RIVALS). Using rivals, look at this...

2010: 3rd
2011: 3rd
2012: 2nd

Avg. Rank was 2.67

Between 2010-12, this program was doing some of the best work in the country (ACCORDING TO RIVALS). But something likely was missing. There probably is a bigger issue than the quality of the players (ACCORDING TO RIVALS) coming into the program.

Advertisement
we competed with fsu for the first half not having the same talent as fsu definetly not on the d line safety and linebacker or qb, we overachieved from where we are as a program but also look at duke they overachieve as well with less talent and our front 7 just gave up that game except dp

Advertisement
Back