Proliferation of SoCal QBs

Walsh5

Recruit

unreal how many top qbs come from there. Seems like a lot of their top recruits leave the state… similar problem we have. Is it the coaching or something out there?

Advertisement
Siiiiiiigh;

I try to give u guys insight to the WC side of things. While ppl were bytching & moaning about So Fla kids leaving the crib to go to other places like it was some unprecedented phenomena, I was trying to tell u CA is having the same problem. The top players r going out of state, especially the QBs. Most of the top QBs play in The Trinity League…those leagues r full of hit men from all over.

SC used to have a stranglehold in So Cal, but these jits all know each other & a couple of players low key sneaked dissed SC’s program under Helton. SC snagged one of my best friend’s godson in the class of 21, but the only reason y he went there is b/c he has aspirations outside of football.
(You can catch the little homie in LBJ’s “Space Jam 2”)

Couple that w/ all the CA teams up & down the coast have sucked, well now u leave the gate open for the Oregon’s, Washington’s, Bama’s, Clemson’s, and OSU’s of the world to come through & poach. Even the lower 4 stars / high 3 star kids r bolting for programs like Boise St & Utah.

When u play for schools that r in the limelight & u r used to winning, loyalty be damned. These kids r going to the schools w/ the easiest path to the NFL & that’s going to put them in the best position to expand their brand. (See my BTW below).

SC get their chit together & they’ll lock down the yard again. Also, believe it or not, but when UCLA switched to Jordan Brand, it actually created a major buzz for their recruiting profile. Anyways, point being, it’s not going to stop until SC & or UCLA get their chit together.

Btw: did u notice what the article said about The NIL?

“It’s no secret that a majority of the most lavish NIL deals have come to players at the most decorated programs.”

Smh. I try to drop tidbits, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Siiiiiiigh;

I try to give u guys insight to the WC side of things. While ppl were bytching & moaning about So Fla kids leaving the crib to go to other places like it was some of unprecedented phenomena, I will trying to tell u CA is having the same problem. The top players r going out of state, especially the QBs. Most of the top QBs play in The Trinity League…those leagues r full of hit men from all over.

SC used to have a stranglehold in So Cal, but these jits all know each other & a couple of players low key sneaked dissed SC’s program under Helton. SC snagged one of my best friend’s godson in the class of 21, but the only reason y he went there is b/c he has aspirations outside of football.

Couple that w/ all the CA teams up & down the coast have sucked, well now u leave the gate open for the Oregon’s, Washington’s, Bama’s, Clemson’s, and OSU’s of the world to come through & poach. Even the lower 4 stars / high 3 star kids r bolting for programs like Boise St & Utah.

When u play for schools that r in the limelight & u r used to winning, loyalty be damned. These kids r going to the schools w/ the easiest path to the NFL & that’s going to put them in the best position to expand their brand. (See my BTW below).

SC get their chit together & they’ll lock down the yard again. Also, believe it or not, but when UCLA switched to Jordan Brand, it actually created a major buzz for their recruiting profile. Anyways, point being, it’s not going to stop until SC & or UCLA get their chit together.

“It’s no secret that a majority of the most lavish NIL deals have come to players at the most decorated programs.”

Rellyrell is exactly on point.

I lived in SD for 15 years and now back in NorCal Sac area for about 10 years.

So I have Stanford and Cal nearby. Fresno State.

College football is just not the same out here. It's only unless USC is great, and once in awhile UCLA. And if you look at over a 40 year period only USC has had any real success and brief in a 2 time period. (80's , 00's team)

Otherwise kids are bouncing. Oregon has a bigger brand here in NorCal than any other school.

This is a part of why I love UM and I hope some alignment does happen with the PAC 12. They may come out west more often. They better beat Cal next time dammit. I gawt loads of ish for that game.

Siiiiiiigh;

I try to give u guys insight to the WC side of things. While ppl were bytching & moaning about So Fla kids leaving the crib to go to other places like it was some of unprecedented phenomena, I will trying to tell u CA is having the same problem. The top players r going out of state, especially the QBs. Most of the top QBs play in The Trinity League…those leagues r full of hit men from all over.

Preciate the insight. Being in a recruiting hotbed is an asymmetric advantage for us like it is for SC but a few years of losing and it’s gone in a flash. Regional loyalty is a thing of the past I guess

Advertisement
Preciate the insight. Being in a recruiting hotbed is an asymmetric advantage for us like it is for SC but a few years of losing and it’s gone in a flash. Regional loyalty is a thing of the past I guess

Facts. These kids are only loyal to themselves, now.

What’s the handler game like out west?

It’s not as grimey like in the South. Football is important out West, but it’s not religion. If anything, the grime comes from these Catholic Schools pushing lines to get inner city kids to enroll & qualify. Dudes’ families can barely afford rent & grades are low key suspect, yet they fully qualify to go these private school w/ $1000’s in tuition fees.

Advertisement
It’s not as grimey like in the South. Football is important out West, but it’s not religion. If anything, the grime comes from these Catholic Schools pushing lines to get inner city kids to enroll & qualify. Dudes’ families can barely afford rent & grades are low key suspect, yet they fully qualify to go these private school w/ $1000’s in tuition fees.
That almost seems like a net positive vs the random set of uncles every recruit in the south seems to have…

That almost seems like a net positive vs the random set of uncles every recruit in the south seems to have…

Yeah; I have a couple of youngins that played D1 ball in The Pac-12, and one of my friends is an alum of Long Beach Poly, and keeps me in the loop. (He was the one that put me up on game on Matt Corral which I shared here).

By all accounts. I know there are definitely some sleeze parents/uncs that are on the take, for sure, but the bag game is pretty mediocre. Although, some schools may influence a kid to try to go here & there.

CA has always cranked out a ton of QBs and there aren't enough schools in the area for all of them to play. Think about how many CA QBs have come through UMiami in the last 30+ years. If you haven't been paying attention, this is nothing new. CA talent has been supporting programs like UDub, Colorado and other west coast schools for the better part of the last half century. The only difference is that those kids are now starting to come east of the Mississippi.

Advertisement
Back