Pro Football Performance breaks down Canes vs. Noles...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Op... I'm not sure this board is okay with people bringing forth actual facts and information

Willis is such a beast.

FSU could not block him. Losing him for awhile with an injury really hurt us

Advertisement
How did Norton not grade out high? He dominated inside against the run, and even chased down Francois in a QB hurry.

Last edited:
I'm just going to leave this here.

Otherwise, FSU’s star running back carried 27 times for 150 yards (129 after contact) and nine broken tackles.

I was trying to think of a RB comparison for DC and Jamaal Charles came to mind. Same build, speed, toughness but also is injury prone too. One thing is for sure, he is a program changing player at RB. We need one of those in this class or the next.

Where the **** is Pinckney in there? Dude is an animal

Except that he continues to get caught looking in the back field while his man gets outside on him. GT- slow to the pitch. FSU- fell down on Cook's catch and was slow to get outside on #8 's TD.

Love him but the game hasn't slowed down for him and he hasn't gained that .1 of speed needed.

Advertisement
I'm just going to leave this here.

Otherwise, FSU’s star running back carried 27 times for 150 yards (129 after contact) and nine broken tackles.

I was trying to think of a RB comparison for DC and Jamaal Charles came to mind. Same build, speed, toughness but also is injury prone too. One thing is for sure, he is a program changing player at RB. We need one of those in this class or the next.

Dalvin is 15-20 pounds heavier and runs about a 4.48 vs Charles at a 4.38 at this time in their careers. I'd compare Dalvin to David Johnson or a slightly smaller Le'veon Bell. They have similar style and all 3 are good pass catchers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-fsu-miami-grades-francois-cook-solid-in-noles-win/

Top defensive grades:

DT Gerald Willis, 78.3
DE Chad Thomas, 77.2
CB Corn Elder, 76.6
LB Shaquille Quarterman, 75.6
LB Darrion Owens, 73.0

Their grades and commentary support that we should have won the game. According to them, somehow, our "putrid OL" was serviceable against a solid front.

These dudes act like our OL is supposed to keep a perfect pocket for 4 seconds and open gaping holes in the run game against a strong DL. No one does that. Remember how badly Chad Kelly got mangled in the opener against FSU? They beat the **** out of him.

They got beat a few times, but that happens all the time in football. Tom Brady gets sacked occasionally. Belichick doesn't panic and change everything. He just tlines up in the gun and tries to win the next down.

We didn't lose bc of our defense...

Defense played hard, but the Dalvin Cook catch and run was inexcusable. Our LB fell down, but no one else was helping cover the one player who is 75% of their offense. Busted plays were back breakers. If he gets tackled after a 25 yard gain or so, I have little doubt we'd have held them to no more than 3. It's a high risk high reward style, but the defense blew it on that one (as least as bad as Kaaya throwing an INT taking points off board)

Advertisement
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-fsu-miami-grades-francois-cook-solid-in-noles-win/

Top defensive grades:

DT Gerald Willis, 78.3
DE Chad Thomas, 77.2
CB Corn Elder, 76.6
LB Shaquille Quarterman, 75.6
LB Darrion Owens, 73.0

Their grades and commentary support that we should have won the game. According to them, somehow, our "putrid OL" was serviceable against a solid front.

These dudes act like our OL is supposed to keep a perfect pocket for 4 seconds and open gaping holes in the run game against a strong DL. No one does that. Remember how badly Chad Kelly got mangled in the opener against FSU? They beat the **** out of him.

They got beat a few times, but that happens all the time in football. Tom Brady gets sacked occasionally. Belichick doesn't panic and change everything. He just tlines up in the gun and tries to win the next down.

Top offensive grades:

OG Kc McDermott, 77.4
WR Stacy Coley, 73.9
OG Danny Isidora, 72.4
OT Sunny Odogwu, 70.6
QB Brad Kaaya, 66.6

Corn made himself some money on Saturday. He is going to be drafted in round two because of his size but will play in the league for 8-10 years

We didn't lose bc of our defense...

Defense played hard, but the Dalvin Cook catch and run was inexcusable. Our LB fell down, but no one else was helping cover the one player who is 75% of their offense. Busted plays were back breakers. If he gets tackled after a 25 yard gain or so, I have little doubt we'd have held them to no more than 3. It's a high risk high reward style, but the defense blew it on that one (as least as bad as Kaaya throwing an INT taking points off board)

uhh

Advertisement
Back