Preseason Interviews

Advertisement
Advertisement
Matt Schodel from Canesport asked JD what our biggest strength this season is and he said "Our Starting Pitching"

if you have been reading the boards and the gablesinsider articles for the last 3-4 months. You would know that everyone has been concerned and honestly stressing over our starting pitching, But to be fair to JD i can see why he says that. We do have a lot of bodies. Gage, Rafe, Herick, Drew Dywer, even Chestnut, but none of them have proven anything but a few flashes (Gage & Rafe) I am starting to have a little more faith in this team, but it will all come down to the pitching. Starters and Bullpen.

Matt Schodel from Canesport asked JD what our biggest strength this season is and he said "Our Starting Pitching"

if you have been reading the boards and the gablesinsider articles for the last 3-4 months. You would know that everyone has been concerned and honestly stressing over our starting pitching, But to be fair to JD i can see why he says that. We do have a lot of bodies. Gage, Rafe, Herick, Drew Dywer, even Chestnut, but none of them have proven anything but a few flashes (Gage & Rafe) I am starting to have a little more faith in this team, but it will all come down to the pitching. Starters and Bullpen.
Who do u see being in the weekend rotation? Ziehl, Rafe and Hernandez?

I think there is a good chance that is the rotation. Maybe Drew Dywer as midweek?
I know rafe had some decent outings last yr but has been in the bullpen so far at miami. Was he originally brought in to compete as a starter down the road? I know some guys kinda lose their luster in longer outings. Hopefully not the case w him

Advertisement
I know rafe had some decent outings last yr but has been in the bullpen so far at miami. Was he originally brought in to compete as a starter down the road? I know some guys kinda lose their luster in longer outings. Hopefully not the case w him
Rafe got increasingly better as last season progressed. His outing against Texas after Ligon lost all control was absolutely spectacular. Unfortunately bats didn’t come through.

Just listened to the whole interview finally and the CBS one. JD's a smart and well-spoken guy.

Given that, I'd like to hear him articulate more on his vision and strategy going forward. Omaha and titles are goals, not a vision or strategy. I think he is already doing some of it by hiring the staff he did, using analytics, recruiting more nationwide where our coaches have competitive advantages, emphasizing fundamentals and high IQ baseball players and, hopefully, holding everyone accountable. But, it's important to communicate it over and over again.

And I can't believe nobody mentioned his comment on base-running and being aggressive are the first drills of each practice - there is a God.

Just listened to the whole interview finally and the CBS one. JD's a smart and well-spoken guy.

Given that, I'd like to hear him articulate more on his vision and strategy going forward. Omaha and titles are goals, not a vision or strategy. I think he is already doing some of it by hiring the staff he did, using analytics, recruiting more nationwide where our coaches have competitive advantages, emphasizing fundamentals and high IQ baseball players and, hopefully, holding everyone accountable. But, it's important to communicate it over and over again.

And I can't believe nobody mentioned his comment on base-running and being aggressive are the first drills of each practice - there is a God.
JD was far from my first choice, but I heard him speak at a lunch and had a very brief chat with him. He is a very cerebral guy who definitely knows baseball. He also had some great ideas concerning raising $$$ for the program and through baseball alums. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt over the next couple of seasons and will be rooting for him.

Advertisement
Whats the alumni game info, havent seen it posted on their ig. Date/time? Thanks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back