Post Game Thoughts(FSU)

FrancisSawyer

All American
It feels good to finally be running the type of offense that this program should have been running years ago!

I'm not sure that I can adequately express how great it is to finally have an OC that maximizes the talent he has and utilizes all of it.

The mentality and identity of this football team has literally done a 180 since the end of last year. This team is becoming more confident every game and they have every reason to.

The entire squad is feeding off the energy and the confidence that this offense is developing. Amazing the effect that good coaching can have.

Lashlee didn't just outcoach Adam Fuller, he took away his manhood. Loved going for it multiple times on 4th. It's like we said Fack You! Stop is if you can! We literally pimp slapped that FSU team, told them that they are our little ***** and ran train on their cheerleaders after the game. This might have been the most humiliating and emasculating beat down that I have ever witnessed us hand out. It was CottonBowlesque!

Someone said that D'erique King is the best QB that we have had since Torretta and he is right! King just keeps getting better and better each game and he is the perfect fit for this offense. King is poised, confident and smart enough to take what the defense gives him. If King beats Clemson in Death Valley he will be a serious Heisman Trophy contender.

What can we say about this offensive line? The change in scheme to go along with a great OC and a position coach who can actually coach makes a world of difference.

Could this game in retrospect turn out to be a coming out party for Zion Nelson? Kid played his *** off last night! This entire OL just keeps getting better every week. Mad props to coach Justice!

Our WR are not elite but they came to play tonight and gave a great effort. Sure Pope had that muffed punt and Harley dropped a couple that would have been spectacular catches but as a whole this unit answered the bell last night. These guys won't be superstars but I appreciated the effort. Redding and Smith have excellent upside and would like to see more X going forward.

We have what will soon become a very special backfield with the 3 headed Monster of Harris, Knighton and Chaney. Hold up! Did you notice the energy and passion that Robert Burns played with tonight? When a team gets something special going it spreads to everyone on the roster!

Jordan/Mallory is the best TE tandem in the nation. Anyone have an issue with that? I would like to see Mallory get fed a bit more but when you spread the ball around as well as we did last night you can live with it. Just stay healthy Guys!

Just imagine where this offense could be by the end of the season. The OL will continue to improve as will the RBs. King will get more and more comfortable and more confident etc etc....The bottom line is that this offense is ready to turn into a juggernaut! A runaway freight train if you will.

Defense with a violent turn around after the first FSU drive. For most of the game the D feasted!

Silvera starting to really come into his own with another outstanding effort!

Jaelen Phillips is a freaking animal!

Jared Harrison Hunte had a little coming out party last night and James Blackmon ended up slouched over with a lamp shade on his head. Dude just couldn't hang.

The DL of Phillips, Silvera, Harrison-Hunte and Roche is absolutely sickening! Depth will be excellent as well. Love what Cam Williams brings and really liked seeing Blisset, Holley, Q Williams, C Williams and Jahfari Harvey out there getting reps.

I don't yet understand why we struggle so much against teams running wide on us. Hey there has to be something for the coaches to harp on right? Just keep getting better every week!

I can see this LB rotation looking very different at the end of the season. I think a big part of why this D has struggled a bit giving up chunk plays in the running game is because in terms of the LB corps, the coaches are still in the process of figuring out who can do what and what everybody does the best. McCloud isn't the type of LB to read his keys quickly and instantly hit the right gap. He is much better when he knows where he is attacking. He had a great feel on that blitz where he got the sack. Brooks is coming along little by little but he will get there. Huff is an explosive athlete but still raw. Austin-Cave we be a star here. You heard it here first. The young pups are the future.

Bubba Bolden is the best safety we have had since KP. The guy is just a big super athletic eraser out there. Total stud. Sucks about Hall getting tossed. He was really starting to come on.

Blades continues to play better and better each game. FSU didn't threaten much in the passing game but Ivey made a couple of nice plays. We need to keep developing that depth. I like Couch's upside and I want to see more Dunson if possible.

Think back 2 years ago and what we had to endure with our Punter and Kicker. Fast forward to now. It is literally night and day! Best kicking tandem in the nation! I dare someone to show me a better one.

In 2 weeks we get a midterm exam. This squad will be ready and now they have confidence. Don't think we can beat Clemson in Death Valley? Psst... Don't tell these kids because I don't think they got that memo. Could you imagine? I can! Why the F**k not?

Last edited:
Advertisement
It feels good to finally be running the type of offense that this program should have been running years ago!

I'm not sure that I can adequately express how great it is to finally have an OC that maximizes the talent he has and utilizes all of it.

The mentality and identity of this football team has literally done a 180 since the end of last year. This team is becoming more confident every game and they have every reason to.

The entire squad is feeding off the energy and the confidence that this offense is developing. Amazing the effect that good coaching can have.

Lashlee didn't just outcoach Adam Fuller, he took away his manhood. Loved going for it multiple times on 4th. It's like we said Fack You! Stop is if you can! We literally pimp slapped that FSU team, told them that they are our little ***** and ran train on their cheerleaders after the game. This might have been the most humiliating and emasculating beat down that I have ever witnessed us hand out. It was CottonBowlesque!

Someone said that D'erique King is the best QB that we have had since Torretta and he is right! King just keeps getting better and better each game and he is the perfect fit for this offense. King is poised, confident and smart enough to take what the defense gives him. If King beats Clemson in Death Valley he will be a serious Heisman Trophy contender.

What can we say about this offensive line? The change in scheme to go along with a great OC and a position coach who can actually coach makes a world of difference.

Could this game in retrospect turn out to be a coming out party for Zion Nelson? Kid played his *** off last night! This entire OL just keeps getting better every week. Mad props to coach Justice!

Our WR are not elite but they came to play tonight and gave a great effort. Sure Pope had that muffed punt and Harley dropped a couple that would have been spectacular catches but as a whole this unit answered the bell last night. These guys won't be superstars but I appreciated the effort. Redding and Smith have excellent upside and would like to see more X going forward.

We have what will soon become a very special backfield with the 3 headed Monster of Harris, Knighton and Chaney. Hold up! Did you notice the energy and passion that Robert Burns played with tonight? When a team gets something special going it spreads to everyone on the roster!

Jordan/Mallory is the best TE tandem in the nation. Anyone have an issue with that? I would like to see Mallory get fed a bit more but when you spread the ball around as well as we did last night you can live with it. Just stay healthy Guys!

Just imagine where this offense could be by the end of the season. The OL will continue to improve as will the RBs. King will get more and more comfortable and more confident etc etc....The bottom line is that this offense is ready to turn into a juggernaut! A runaway freight train if you will.

Defense with a violent turn around after the first FSU drive. For most of the game the D feasted!

Silvera starting to really come into his own with another outstanding effort!

Jaelen Phillips is a freaking animal!

Jared Harrison Hunte had a little coming out party last night and James Blackmon ended up slouched over with a lamp shade on his head. Dude just couldn't hang.

The DL of Phillips, Silvera, Harrison-Hunte and Roche is absolutely sickening! Depth will be excellent as well. Love what Cam Williams brings and really liked seeing Blisset, Holley, Q Williams, C Williams and Jahfari Harvey out there getting reps.

I don't yet understand why we struggle so much against teams running wide on us. Hey there has to be something for the coaches to harp on right? Just keep getting better every week!

I can see this LB rotation looking very different at the end of the season. I think a big part of why this D has struggled a bit giving up chunk plays in the running game is because in terms of the LB corps, the coaches are still in the process of figuring out who can do what and what everybody does the best. McCloud isn't the type of LB to read his keys quickly and instantly hit the right gap. He is much better when he knows where he is attacking. He had a great feel on that blitz where he got the sack. Brooks is coming along little by little but he will get there. Huff is an explosive athlete but still raw. Austin-Cave we be a star here. You heard it here first. The young pups are the future.

Bubba Bolden is the best safety we have had since KP. The guy is just a big super athletic eraser out there. Total stud. Sucks about Hall getting tossed. He was really starting to come on.

Blades continues to play better and better each game. FSU didn't threaten much in the passing game but Ivey made a couple of nice plays. We need to keep developing that depth. I like Couch's upside and I want to see more Dunson if possible.

Think back 2 years ago and what we had to endure with our Punter and Kicker. Fast forward to now. It is literally night and day! Best kicking tandem in the nation! I dare someone to show me a better one.

In 2 weeks we get a midterm exam. This squad will be ready and now they have confidence. Don't think we can beat Clemson in Death Valley? Psst... Don't tell these kids because I don't think they got that memo. Could you imagine? I can! Why the F**k not?

Great write up but I disagree about the WR being good, they’re average at best especially Harley

Nice right up. I think the wr were good. They caught a lot of contested passes where they were hit as soon as they caught the ball. Seems like they always miss the easy attempts. The drops have got to stop. I agree with the lb play. They are are weakest link at this moment. None of em are play instinctually. I do like Cave though. Always have. I don't think the combo of Jennings and McCloud is going to get it for us.

Great write up but I disagree about the WR being good, they’re average at best especially Harley
You're correct they are average. My point was that watching the game you could clearly see that they were motivated to play to the best of their ability and prove that they can be productive. I said that I noticed this and appreciated the effort. Unfortunately there are certain things that Pope and Harley just don't do well as there are certain elements of the game that are outside their ability and comfort zone.

I think as the season progresses that Lashlee and King will have a much better understanding of who can and can't do what. As the young WR like Redding, Smith and Restrepo begin to mature and become a bigger part of the offense, guys like Harley, Pope and Wiggins as well will have their roles much more clearly defined to the point where they are no longer needed to or asked to do things outside of their ability.

I think the reason we have trouble with outside runs is because we are not properly align before the play even starts :

Advertisement
Question. Was not FSU a team talking heads rated higher than us preseason? At least read that on CIS. Refuse to watch the dumb talking heads myself

Advertisement
Back