Possible scenario?

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
I see a lot of people calling for Mario as next HC. The guy is less qualified for this job than Al Golden was before he was hired imho. He would not even be considered if he didn't play at Miami. The only way I think he should ever be considered for this job is this..

If we were to hire Butch, he's 63 years old and I still believe he has 6-7 good years left in him. Allow him to bring in Mario to learn and develop under him and be HC in waiting.

Or another possibility would be Schiano, (I'm really skeptical on this one but slowly talking myself into it a little). Schiano and Mario are still pretty close I'm sure. Schiano was invited to visit bama by Mario last year to learn a few things and alter his coaching techniques. In his few year off coaching however, Schiano has looked himself in the mirror, shadowed great coaches, cleaned up some things, changed philosophy, etc. His record in his last 6 years at Rutgers is acceptable and his bowl record (5-1 or 6-1) shows to me that he can outcoach someone unlike Golden.

The thing with Mario would be, he's not qualified for this job being 100% real. But he's still going to draw interest and pursue the job and I think we all know that and are afraid of that. But if we go a different route, say Schiano or Butch or even Chud (assuming those would be the main 3 guys that would try to have Mario on the staff) would Mario accept a lower job under one of those guys after being denied the HC position? Such as OL coach or TE coach. If he was offered the same amount as he is getting at Bama does he leave for Miami after being denied? I think his realistic position on the staff would be either TE or OL and being recruiting coordinator. Would it require the HC in waiting position to get him here to learn under one of these guys or would assistant HC work? (pretty sure he has that title at bama).

I'm still on board for the Butch hire, I wouldn't mind guys like Herman or Fuente, and I would be a little nervous if we went Schiano, or Chud, but I would support them until they prove otherwise. But just anyone want to give me their thoughts?

Advertisement
No Mario.

All in on Butch or Herman.

I don't want Mario either. My main question is that if he was denied the job for someone like Butch or Schiano would he join the staff as an assistant. Like the same title he has at Bama just to work under one of those guys? Or would it take a clause saying he is coach in waiting?

Because would it really make since to hire Mario as HC when you could hire Schiano or Butch and still have Mario on the staff at the same time?

Butch is perfectly capable of choosing his own staff. He doesn't need help from the peanut gallery (us).

Advertisement
I can't wrap my head around these BOT clowns pinching pennies and keeping this *** hat around while those kids are laying all over the turf. He should change his name to Gallipoli because he manages the team about as well as that went.

Hes fugging Gerry Faust without the high school pedigree. 58-0, 4-8.

He he should be gone Monday and they should name Butch Davis to fix this clusterf@ck.

Golden won't be able to show his face in Miami. Fans are going to turn up the heat on him outside of campus. He'll cut a deal because he wants his family out of there and the wife will push for it too.

A whole new staff is needed!!... f%$^k Al Golden and his staff, they all need to get the **** out of here. Butch 2016!!! COp43KBU8AAXXy7.0.0.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back