Portis on 790 now

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Ripping the coaches for not getting the playmakers the ball and the defensive scheme but also not going all out the way Buch and Joaquin did. Basically said as a RB, he wanted to see the defense Miami is putting out there. Miami put a defense out to defend a run and shoot team against GT and Nebraska.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What do you consider ripping? He wasn't getting animated or anything like that. What I heard he was just stating what he saw and not understanding why they weren't getting the ball.

Portis works for the ACC network. No way he's going to go balls deep on El Foldo publicly. Gotta leave that to guys like Joaquin and Phillip.

What do you consider ripping? He wasn't getting animated or anything like that. What I heard he was just stating what he saw and not understanding why they weren't getting the ball.

What I said. He the offensive playmakers are being misused and the defensive scheme is bad. He said if he was a RB now, he would love to run against our defense. He said it was horrible that we couldn't stop one dimensional teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back