PODCAST: Recruiting Potluck Vol. 2 Ft. Mark-Antony Richards and Duasso

View as article
I don't have any issue with Duasso. Seems like a good guy despite the Jobe drama. But I'm happy Miami is working with the local high schools to support school-sponsored 7x7s. The club 7x7s have too much $elfishness going on.

Advertisement
Also, I need to comment that Richards is a super impressive young man. He has a vision for what he wants to do and be in his life. Mature and intelligent. He is going to make be a great addition to this class, a leader on the team, and a great representative of Miami.

I don’t know who Jorge is, but thousands of Canes fans listen to Jose Duasso every time he’s on.

And, more importantly, our coaches think he’s one of the good guys they can trust. But I’m sure you know better.

Just read the posts above mine - after all I think you have a website for fans not for coaches.

Just read the posts above mine - after all I think you have a website for fans not for coaches.

The website isn't just for the fans anymore, but that's another topic.

If one listened to that interview, it's apparent Duasso is a fan. He went above and beyond in saying some positive things. He also said what any coach worth his salt does, let the recruits make their own decision. It isn't a coaches place to make decisions for these young men, but just be honest with them and sometimes that honesty works out in our favor. You steer kids, they'll see it coming a mile away.

We have a bunch of dumbasses that post here. Good interview, although IMHO, you need to let your guests speak a bit more. You're excitable on these, that's apparent, and having fun with it. Well done.

Nice interview Stefan. What was the song you played at the beginning and the one in the interlude just before the Mark-Anthony interview?

Advertisement
Great podcast Stefan! MAR seems like a very bright kid with a big future on and off the field. He speaks glowingly about Miami and I hope we get him.

Duasso is a good guy, don’t know why anyone gets on him about jobe. We all know what happened there

Brock, can you fill me in, bro? I have guesses about what happened with Jobe, but to say I "know" what happened would be presumptuous. Hook a bro up with the det's, man.

If he is as intelligent and mature as you guys say he is hopeful he recognizes the importance of an education is. Auburn shouldn’t even be in the conversation with UM and UF. He just saw his brother suffer through a knee injury and should realize that bad **** happens and making it to the NFL is not an automatic fore gone conclusion

I don't know any of these dudes, all I have to go by is what he says on the CIS podcast. To me, Duasso sounds like a genuine dude who is a Canes fan and wants to help the program any way he can, as long as it's above board. But he's also got to play it straight as a coach. And he takes his lumps with good humor from what I've seen. For now, I don't see any reason to have real beef with him. He should be embarrassed about Jobe, and he appears to be. He also had a role to play in not looking like he disowned a kid just for picking a different school. It's whatever.

It also seems to me that it wasn't just Duasso who was scammed by Jobe. Dude played everyone and we, quite honestly, are better for not having a guy like that in our locker room. If he's willing to play that game, you think he'll consider it twice if he has the chance to sleep with his bff's girlfriend the night before FSU or whatever? F that dude.

I don't know man, I could see how that world can be real tricky and absolutely is riddled with scumbags, confidence men, scammers, etc. Only the good guys get held to account. It would be hard for even the best of us to stay clean in that slop pit. If our staff and DMoney vouch for him, well I hope they're right.

He's definitely got access to watch kids and see how they do, so from that perspective, and the fact that he's a Canes supporter, his insight is worth something. That doesn't mean I'm gonna believe his annual "once every ten years" guy is a can't miss future HOF'er, but it's interesting to take into account nonetheless. It's content, man. It's a slow time of year. I appreciate the content for what it is. Not every podcast is going to be 60 Minutes.

Advertisement
I’m sure I’ll get negged for this, but I’m just going to share some speculation based on some things I saw on MAR’s Twitter recently. I think he may have committed to Auburn this past weekend. He liked and retweeted a tweet from Malzahn that said “Boom!!!...War Eagle!”, which is what he tweets when he gets a commit. He also just tweeted some pics from his visit there.

Could mean nothing, but if he ends up at Auburn, this could be the first sign of it.

I’m sure I’ll get negged for this, but I’m just going to share some speculation based on some things I saw on MAR’s Twitter recently. I think he may have committed to Auburn this past weekend. He liked and retweeted a tweet from Malzahn that said “Boom!!!...War Eagle!”, which is what he tweets when he gets a commit. He also just tweeted some pics from his visit there.

Could mean nothing, but if he ends up at Auburn, this could be the first sign of it.

You guys have to stop reading into all this Twitter stuff. These are kids having fun on social media.

Was he the only recruit at Auburn this past weekend?

Maybe it's time for you to join the band again

Advertisement

They had a kid named Justin Osborne commit. Just read through one of their boards again. That was the boom.

They expect John Dunmore to commit to them soon. He was there on an OV this weekend and left telling them Penn State and Auburn were his leaders. Plans to announce either during the Opening or right after. Supposedly his buddy Sean Shivers has said some stuff today that leads people to think Dunmore will commit to Auburn....

And I do think Auburn is a BIG threat to UM for MAR. Read his post visit interview too. Both parents went and spent 6 hours with Malzahn (who they love). MAR said Miami and Auburn were the best two visits he has had. They plan to use him as an offensive player. Buckle up on this one I think

Advertisement
Back