PODCAST: 2021 Summer Recruiting Breakdown - Defense + Brinson/Garcia Talk Ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
D$ and I share some thoughts on where Miami's 2021 recruiting class sits heading into the summer from an defensive perspective, plus speak on the Romello Brinson addition and Jake Garcia buzz.

Would Miami be interested in a transfer QB in 2021? Supposedly Trey Lance might look to jump to a P5 in 2021 (Michigan is the probable destination) . Kid is already a fringe 1st rounder. I imagine that a year in Lashlee's offense would make him a top 5 pick. I don't know about you, but I'd feel a lot better going into the Bama game with Lance at QB than TVD in his 1st start.

Would Miami be interested in a transfer QB in 2021? Supposedly Trey Lance might look to jump to a P5 in 2021 (Michigan is the probable destination) . Kid is already a fringe 1st rounder. I imagine that a year in Lashlee's offense would make him a top 5 pick. I don't know about you, but I'd feel a lot better going into the Bama game with Lance at QB than TVD in his 1st start.
Would be no need for him to do that. He’ll be a top 10 pick this year already

All the mocks I've seen have him as a mid to late 1st rounder. You've seen projections with him in top 10?
I’ve seen one or two. I just know the nature of the draft and QB’s tend to rise so if he’s a mid round guy he’ll probably go higher than that after another season of production

Advertisement
I didn’t know you guys were so high on our LBs. Good to hear. And only one safety this year? I get it but wish we could/would take a second. Like you I think there are a couple from last class that don’t end up as safeties.

Kinchens, Taylor, Davis, Ishmael and one CB to go, I guess.

What happens if we have a ACCCG season and some elite kids start knocking on the door?

I didn’t know you guys were so high on our LBs. Good to hear. And only one safety this year? I get it but wish we could/would take a second. Like you I think there are a couple from last class that don’t end up as safeties.

Kinchens, Taylor, Davis, Ishmael and one CB to go, I guess.

What happens if we have a ACCCG season and some elite kids start knocking on the door?
We took 4 safeties last year, 1 will probably end up as a striker. Theres no need to take 2 this season, it's not like they will contribute soon anyway

Advertisement
Thanks for the breakdown fellas.

I just have one gripe. I wish Stefan would stop referring to prospects as SEC/Clemson guys. It's like saying we're 2nd tier with no chance of signing. Even if that were true, it's not something you want to keep putting out there, in my opinion.

Advertisement
Back