Please stop the week to week exercise in psychotic futility

What changed for RS in year three? Nothing, and he is no longer part of the coaching staff

What changed for AG in year three? Nothing, he is also no longer part of the coaching staff. He was held onto a bit to long, but none the less he is gone.

My point was we saw everything pretty early. It didn't take 3 years to realize they couldn't do it as the same chit kept happening.

With Richt, we're seeing the offense issue. The question is whether he is willing to fire himself and bring in a good OC and letting them call plays.

What do you wanna do?

move out of the i formation and into the shotgun? throw deep verticals? oh wait.... wait

it's funny how so many were asking for this and then it happens and you guys find out what I and others already knew. There's no **** time to do that sh*t and even if there was kayaa will most certainly miss the read, the throw, sack himself... or the receiver will simply drop the **** pass

NOW it's getting even more funny around here with the "where are the mid routes at??"

Oh you mean cuz teams are so **** scared of kayaa's deep ball that they're playing 10 yards off our receivers? Wait.. no they're sitting on top of these routes knowing a deep ball is never gonna have time and they're just waiting for that free INT

I wonder what it will be next week

Advertisement
In order for fans to be patient and cut Rick slack he's going to need to show the fans that he's doing something to fix the stuff that's broken.

It's obvious to anyone with a scintilla of football knowledge that the offense is a complete disaster. It's like watching our D drown early under Folden. There was an obvious problem there. Folden's answer was to "stay the course" and "trust your training" and "get better players." The answer was never a change of DC and defensive philosophy. The D never got better because he never made any changes to solve the problems.

If Rick makes actual moves to fix the offense people will support him. If he digs his heels in and blames it all on Kaaya and the OL like the morons on here he'll lose all support and goodwill very quickly.

Good news is he doesn't have to make the uncomfortable move of firing his best friend after 1 year. All he has to do is add a quality OC to the staff and relinquish coordinating duties.

What do you wanna do?

I want him to bring in an OC and make changes on his offensive staff. Is that so difficult?

and after that happens we still find out that

kayaa is still trash
the WRs are still overrated
the TEs are still practice warriors
the o line still can't protect or push or even stand up straight

shall we then hire another OC around the 4 game mark?

my only agreement right now is searels is on serious notice, these are the same dudes and they're twice as bad

Advertisement

I hadn't read this article when I made my post in the other thread. But the article details exactly what I was assuming, and that immediate turnarounds are far less likely ... Even when you have an all-time great HC.

I think things will look better next year. If the O is scoring 20 PPG against P5 teams next year, I might be more inclined to grab my pitch-fork. LOL

Nobody is talking about an immediate turnaround. By the middle to end of next we should wait either start to see vast improvement on offense or a change in scheme.

Waiting until year four for results is insanity. The most telling line of that article was that Washington went 7-6 last year except everyone agrees they were better than that.

That was petersons second year there.

Advertisement
Back