Please get used to hearing "NO"........

I'd guess at least 5 of our current commits don't end up here. Players looking elsewhere, players committed elsewhere looking at us, coaches cooling on a player, grades becoming an issue - lots of factors and a long way to go until February

Advertisement
you guys need to quit complaining!! have faith in GOLDEN!! he has never done us wrong.

guys like lane are afraid to COMPETE!!!

Lane isnt afraid. He's a business recruit who wants to dominate, break records, win titles and leave in 3 years. If you heard the interview all it did was validate what I said for months that he wants the best situation or him to dominate early and often and thats not us. **** we should smile because it means we're loaded at wr and he knows that

So he picks uif seems like a pretty bad business decision

you guys need to quit complaining!! have faith in GOLDEN!! he has never done us wrong.

Lane isnt afraid. He's a business recruit who wants to dominate, break records, win titles and leave in 3 years. If you heard the interview all it did was validate what I said for months that he wants the best situation or him to dominate early and often and thats not us. **** we should smile because it means we're loaded at wr and he knows that

I think so too, **** people may not like it but I think UGA would've been the best place for him. They have wrs leaving, they will have a running game still so easy to get open and say what you want but they develop wrs very well up their. UF on the other hand......... yeah not so much

If I had to guess today:

Johnnie Dixon - The U
Braxton Berrios - not sure
Dalvin Cook - UF
Thomas Holley - ND
Anthony Moten - The U
Sony Michel - UGA

I think so too, **** people may not like it but I think UGA would've been the best place for him. They have wrs leaving, they will have a running game still so easy to get open and say what you want but they develop wrs very well up their. UF on the other hand......... yeah not so much

like who? excluding aj green who was pro ready as a highschooler and would have dominated anywhere, uga has had one receiver drafted in the last 4 years (king) though they have had orson charles drafted at te. meanwhile off the top of my head uf has had harvin, cooper, murphy, nelson (who was 2nd in yards as a rookie for the bills 2 years ago) in the last 4 years. and that's not including hernandez at te and jordan reed this past year who was a 3rd rounder.

so i'm not sure where people are getting this idea that receivers can't succeed at uf, its as if one person on the board says it and it becomes fact but the facts don't actually support the claims being made.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have no problems with this staff telling kids 'No'... I think the only major concern is if kids in this class don't pan out and the kids we told 'No' come back to burn us in some way, shape or form, whether it is through their play (Bridgewater) or random 'burn talk' (Yeah, I wanted to be a Hurricane, but they didn't want me, blah blah blah). Hey, it happens. Unfortunately for most of us, some people like to revisit past recruits and play the "blame game." No bueno to those cats.

Last edited:

like who? excluding aj green who was pro ready as a highschooler and would have dominated anywhere, uga has had one receiver drafted in the last 4 years (king) though they have had orson charles drafted at te. meanwhile off the top of my head uf has had harvin, cooper, murphy, nelson (who was 2nd in yards as a rookie for the bills 2 years ago) in the last 4 years. and that's not including hernandez at te and jordan reed this past year who was a 3rd rounder.

so i'm not sure where people are getting this idea that receivers can't succeed at uf, its as if one person on the board says it and it becomes fact but the facts don't actually support the claims being made.

Yeah it's not about the school when it comes to success but the player, the coaches, the program..... Florida isnt running the U. Meyer offense anymore, all it takes is a good scheme, good QB, and good OL, for a WR to have success on the field.

As far as E. Lane's "business" decision it aint got **** to do with breaking records, winning titles, and leaving in 3 years, b/c he can be good enough to leave in 3 years at any school.

His *** is just scared of competition and worried about depth charts.... lol but the irony of it all is he must think the elite WRs from UF's last recruiting class are just going to let him start from Day 1 w/o a fight??....

He's going to get a rude awakening when he realizes that guys like Demarcus Robinson, Ahmad Fullwood, and Alvin Bailey are just as good as he is and i doubt he beats out those guys with his selfish mentality.

Last edited:
finally somebody that understands

Advertisement

Yeah it's not about the school when it comes to success but the player, the coaches, the program..... Florida isnt running the U. Meyer offense anymore, all it takes is a good scheme, good QB, and good OL, for a WR to have success on the field.

As far as E. Lane's "business" decision it aint got **** to do with breaking records, winning titles, and leaving in 3 years, b/c if he can be good enough to leave in 3 years at any school.

His *** is just scared of competition and worried about depth charts.... lol but the irony of it all is he must think the elite WRs from UF's last recruiting class are just going to let him start from Day 1 w/o a fight??....

He's going to get a rude awakening when he realizes that guys like Demarcus Robinson, Ahmad Fullwood, and Alvin Bailey are just as good as he is and i doubt he beats out those guys with his selfish mentality.

agreed.

like i said in another thread a week ago, muschamp is not as run heavy as people make him out to be. as head coach in waiting at texas he wanted to hire dana holgorson who is the complete opposite of run heavy. since he's been at uf his coordinator have been weis, who is pass heavy and pease who came from boise where they were known for an open, creative offense. but the situation at uf dictated a different scheme. his first year we lost brantley for 4 games and he was backed up by two true freshmen. last year driskel was a true sophomore and we had an nfl tailback and an elite defense, muschamp would have been a dumbass to be throwing the ball all over the lot.

but we signed 5 wr's last year and are looking to sign 4 this year which gives an idea of the direction they are trying to take the offense.

As far as E. Lane's "business" decision it aint got **** to do with breaking records, winning titles, and leaving in 3 years, b/c he can be good enough to leave in 3 years at any school.

I dont think he's gonna beat them out either but I also dont think he's selfish just honest. Those 5 wrs signed there because they all know they can play early too but that jut for their own benefit. I think his goal was to be Amari Cooper, a freshman who dominates become a superstar early, win a title and i out in 3 years. If Lane is selfish and cared of competition you got to say the same for Amari

Advertisement
I dont think he's gonna beat them out either but I also dont think he's selfish just honest. Those 5 wrs signed there because they all know they can play early too but that jut for their own benefit. I think his goal was to be Amari Cooper, a freshman who dominates become a superstar early, win a title and i out in 3 years. If Lane is selfish and cared of competition you got to say the same for Amari

The difference is this i have never heard or read an article anywhere where Amari Cooper said that the main reason he committed to Bama was b/c he looked at the Depth Charts and thought it would be easier for him to play there.... Miami's WR depth situation wasnt good at all the year he came out of high school, so i know that had NO barring on his decision not to commit to UM.

Amari wanted to go to an already good team that was going to be good w/o him.... he didnt want to be a part of a rebuilding process so he made the easy choice based on his thought process at the time. He couldnt see Miami "being back" in his time as a collegiate athlete so he went to Bama.

E. Lane has made it known before he committed to UF that looking at Depth Charts will be his main reason he picks a school.... you aint gotta keep sticking up for him, he is what he is, and thats soft shouldered.

Last edited:
Every year, the comittments and de-comittments get worse and worse all around the nation. Don't be surprised if this trend continues. 90% of these kids have no idea what it means to be comitted to anything.

Advertisement
Berrios should go to West Virginia. Dude will have a 100 catches a season

Im not sure he'd get in. They may not admit him.

I mean, the kid DOES have all of his teeth.

why does japancane want Berrios to go to W. Virginia when Miami is trying to get him????

He could kill it there but he could still kill it here I still WANT

I'd love him in Miami but I'm not sure there will be a spot for him at the end of the day

To the poster who said he could see at least 5 current recruits decommitting I am curious who those 5 are? The only one I could see today would be Herndon. I could see Deme Jackson blowing up big time and taking a few visits. But I think NP and CT would reel him back in. This is the first time that we have a class this big that most of these kids seem REALLY solid. No looking around. They want to be Canes'.

Advertisement
Back