Please bring back the BCS!!!!

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
And 8 teams, discuss. This playoff **** is getting old fast. Only thing to save the sinking CFP is going to 8 teams, period. I am tired of it. Go back to BCS and put 8 team in the playoffs. Am I wrong or do other feel the same way.

Advertisement
It should be 5 teams.

Top 3 teams get a bye,

4 seed vs 5 seed for play in game. Gives the next tier an opportunity to win & youre in game.

ratings would be astronomical.

I dont need to see alabama blow out the 8 seed and then blow out the 4/5 seed the week after.

Advertisement
The 4-team playoff has been exposed as a monopolization of college football revenue to the very top. Even the games given to the teams outside of the top four aren't as prestigious as they once were. No one cares. The game-to-game of the college football season lacks the juice of the BCS and poll eras of CFB.

Conference champions + the top of the G5 need to get involved in a playoff system if its to really work. The at-large nonsense has to stop, too.

4 teams has shown itself to be predetermined teams and the solution is give those teams yet another loss OR TWO leeway to get in? F no. I wanna go back to two or have a 4-8 team playoff be conference winners only. No wiggle room. Readjust conferences as needed. Regular season already means **** for bama, OSU, and Clemson

16 is the magic number IMO and it would be a ****** cash-cow. You know, to help pay the players.

Probably never happen because it would add too many games or at least that would be the argument against it. But just for ***** & giggles:

-P5 conference champs get automatic bids.

-G5 conference champs earn automatic bids with the caveat that they're ranked in the Top 25 AP/Coaches composite at the end of the season, or something to prevent a 7-win Sun-Belt team from taking up a slot.

-Remaining wild card spots are determined by a committee or rankings system. Maybe AP/Coaches composite ranking.

-Conference champs/higher ranked team host rounds 1 & 2 in that order of precedence. If both teams are conference champs, the higher ranked team is the host.

-Semi-finals and championship game can be held in consecutive weekends in the same city that will bid against other cities every year.

This would give FBS its own Final Four, more legitimate than the current model. All that money as well as ticket revenue for all 15 games can be shared among the 10 FBS conferences to help pay these kids or their coaches buyout.

You would have 15 games that mean something and everyone would want to watch as opposed to meaningless bowl games with nothing at stake in half-empty stadiums. It would generate some fun match-ups and force non-conference champion P5 teams to leave the comfort of home to compete. LSU @ Boise St., Miami @ BYU, USC @ UCF for example.

That's just me thinking out loud. If you try 8 teams it's gonna be Bama, LSU, UGA, Clemson, Taint, ND, Oklahoma and some random 1 or 2 loss team every year.

It should be 5 teams.

Top 3 teams get a bye,

4 seed vs 5 seed for play in game. Gives the next tier an opportunity to win & youre in game.

I dont need to see alabama blow out the 8 seed and then blow out the 4/5 seed the week after.

I think 6 would be better with the top 2 teams getting a bye.. 8 teams is too many and takes away from the weekly drama college football is suppose to have

Advertisement
I do feel that it needs to be expanded, enough to allow an undefeated non-P5 an opportunity to eat. Give them an opportunity and see what happens. If that's with 5, 6, or 8 teams, so be it.

What I find interesting this year is how we've got some people complaining about the Domers being in, but if they weren't it would've been a second SEC team. Either way was going to be unpopular, but in typical CIS fashion most seem okay with the Domers as we'll get more money.

I think 6 would be better with the top 2 teams getting a bye.. 8 teams is too many and takes away from the weekly drama college football is suppose to have
I don't mind 6. I think it should be 5 or 6 though. Any more than that is watering the comp down.

8 teams would be too much drama? Nah, it would still pull ratings, just like the NCAA tournament does.

Advertisement
It’s always the same nonsense: how does 8 teams solve it? Several would deserve to be among the 8, same with 6, or 16. Oldhams post is the closest that makes any sense.

none of these scenarios solves anything:
1) 5 power five conference championship winners and one g5. Let the worst power 5 conference championship winner play the g5 for an at large bid in the semi. Ucf, you have to earn it. Sorry.

or

2) make the regular season shorter (ten games and one conference championship for each conference) and seed the top 16 teams. The national champion will have played 15 games maximum but it is earned like in basketball. Each top 2 in conference championship are in and then 6 at large from g5 conference winners. I almost made it 32 as there could be zero *****ing about not getting in to that scenario with so many teams.

No.. I mean it takes away from the week to week drama because it gives too much room for errors/losses

Only if you don't punish the teams that lose. Say you go to 8 teams. That puts Cincy, OU, A&M, and yes, Florida.

Take the next 4, OU, A&M, UF, and Cincy.

Cincy deserves that spot. A&M does as well. Florida, do they deserve that spot, I'm not down with that when you could put say IU in. OU, bounce them as well and put in Coastal Carolina.

You aren't rewarding just the bigs and smaller conferences get any undefeated team in, up to 2 teams. Losses still matter, no drama lost. People across the country usually only pay attention to their team, so again nothing is lost.

Advertisement
It should be 5 teams.

Top 3 teams get a bye,

I like where you heads at! But, the “student” athletes need to be protected while the billion dollar business rolls on.

4-5 play in would be fantastic!

edit- make it 8, 5 v 8, 6 v 7

They need to go back to two. They won’t because of the extra game and money.

But it’s absurd to add games of unpaid labor when the problem doesn’t change; when the committee isn’t committed to the best4.

Advertisement
Back