PJ Fleck

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
What are the boards thoughts on him?

Obviously done a fantastic job at Western Michigan. Is he legit?

Advertisement
I was told during the last coaching search that anyone from the MAC is a corch and not worthy of our conversation.

He's a cornball Schiano disciple. That corny "row the boat" **** and his other dopey fake crap like "I'm feeling elite" whenever anyone asks him how he's doing will play at a **** repository like Western Michigan, but I think he'd struggle at a place with high expectations that recruits high level athletes.

Advertisement
Years back Western Michigan would actually recruit Florida. Louis Delmas comes to mind. There's a WR that made some NFL teams from SoFl that I can't remember the name of.

I'm a 49ers fan and he played WR for them for 1 year and maybe a year on the practice squad or something around 2005. I first heard his name a few years ago when he got the job and couldn't remember where I knew it from then last season it hit me... but he was playing special teams and got absolutely destroyed by a punter on a punt return in a pre season game. Went on the IR and never played again in his career.

Better hope no kids he recruits ever sees that play (lucky for him I can't find the video) but I couldn't play for the guy. No respect for a guy getting flattened by a punter

Last edited:
Since we're chatting about irrelevant coaches - and I'm going to spare you guys of creating a new thread to throw out the dumb hot name of the week... Ed Orgeron is no corch. I know he's dirty and I'm not implying UM hire him in any capacity lol but come on... PJ Fleck lol?

Well, since someone started a coaches thread, I think we will look back one day and wonder why Miami didn't go after Justin Fuente.....just a thought..

Advertisement
Since we're chatting about irrelevant coaches - and I'm going to spare you guys of creating a new thread to throw out the dumb hot name of the week... Ed Orgeron is no corch. I know he's dirty and I'm not implying UM hire him in any capacity lol but come on... PJ Fleck lol?

Please show me where I said anything about hiring Fleck.

He's a cornball Schiano disciple. That corny "row the boat" **** and his other dopey fake crap like "I'm feeling elite" whenever anyone asks him how he's doing will play at a **** repository like Western Michigan, but I think he'd struggle at a place with high expectations that recruits high level athletes.

Completely agree. Exactly why I think he needs to go after the Purdue job. Unless he's waiting for the Michigan State job to eventually come open, Purdue is the right place for his shtick.

I know he's a hot name for the media. But recruits don't know who he is, and his record isn't all that special. I think Purdue is his best shot at a P5 gig.

Advertisement
Well, since someone started a coaches thread, I think we will look back one day and wonder why Miami didn't go after Justin Fuente.....just a thought..

Going off of memory here.
Wasn't he the guy that some said couldn't handle the South Fla recruiting wars and had no desire to?

Please show me where I said anything about hiring Fleck.

Apologies, I jumped the gun!

Advertisement
I'm a 49ers fan and he played WR for them for 1 year and maybe a year on the practice squad or something around 2005. I first heard his name a few years ago when he got the job and couldn't remember where I knew it from then last season it hit me... but he was playing special teams and got absolutely destroyed by a punter on a punt return in a pre season game. Went on the IR and never played again in his career.

Better hope no kids he recruits ever sees that play (lucky for him I can't find the video) but I couldn't play for the guy. No respect for a guy getting flattened by a punter

Fo REAL! How can you sign up or take a guy serious who gets his career ended by a punter! They some big dudes sometimes but ****

Advertisement
Back