Pitt vs Louisville

Advertisement
ACC website say their series this weekend has been cancelled.

Covid related?
Yes, Pitt. That may be curtains for Louisville hosting if the cutoff is before the last two series. They have an RPI of 55 and just 7 games left, and 6 of them (at Clem and vs Duke) won’t do much to move the needle. Only outside chance of getting a big enough RPI boost is winning the other game against Vandy.

Yes, Pitt. That may be curtains for Louisville hosting if the cutoff is before the last two series. They have an RPI of 55 and just 7 games left, and 6 of them (at Clem and vs Duke) won’t do much to move the needle. Only outside chance of getting a big enough RPI boost is winning the other game against Vandy.
8 ACC teams making the tournament and 0 host would be weird.

Advertisement
There could be some really wacky regional outcomes this year. If the NCAA were smart and cared, but they aren't and don't, they could find some compelling regional and super-regional matchups. Given how subjective much of the host selection process already is, they should get creative and not worry about regional travel, etc.

Unbelievable that I’m reading that
I’m telling you man it’s a strange year. Most will say the ACC is down but I’d say it’s got more depth than it ever has since expansion. I said a month ago, ND, Pitt, and VT had their best teams in a decade. I was wrong, they are their best in at least 2 if not 3 decades. The league just lacks an elite team. We are “beating each other up.”

Advertisement
Back