Pitt snap counts and notes from their site

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Pitt snap counts and PFF grades versus clemson:

OFFENSIVE SNAPS COUNTS AND GRADES FOR KEY PLAYERS

Kenny Pickett
| QB: 88 total snaps (78.8)

Rodney Hammond | RB: 18 total snaps (13 rushing) (74.7)

Jordan Addison | WR: 40 total snaps (73.7) *** Left the game injured. Doubtful to play this week

Taysir Mack| WR: 73 total snaps (57.1)

Lucas Krull | TE: 64 total snaps (43.2)

Israel Abanikanda | RB: 32 total snaps (51.1) *** Left the game injured. Doubtful to play this week

Vincent Davis | RB: 38 total snaps (58.0)

Jared Wayne | WR: 29 total snaps (63.4)

Gavin Bartholomew | TE: 46 total snaps (64.1)

Carter Warren | LT (66.0), Jake Kradel | RG (56.8), Gabe Houy | RT (61), Owen Drevel | OC (55.3), Marcus Minor | LG (58.6) = all played in 88 total snaps

DEFENSIVE SNAPS COUNTS AND GRADES FOR KEY PLAYERS

SirVocea Dennis
| MLB: 46 total snaps (87.1)

Calijah Kancey | DT: 41 total snaps (76.1)

Brandon Hill| SS: 63 total snaps (73.6)

Marquis Williams| CB: 23 total snaps (72.5)

AJ Woods | CB: 41 total sna;s (71.1)

Habakkuk Baldonado | DE: 47 total snaps (70.0)

Erick Hallett II | S: 64 total snaps (63.7)

Damarri Mathis | CB: 64 total snaps (64.5)

Deslin Alexandre | DE: 42 total snaps (57.2)

Cam Bright | LB: 39 total snap (38.3)

John Petrishen | LB: 35 total snaps (60.9)

Phil Campbell III | LB: 34 total snaps (52.2)

Some notes:

Rodney Hammond had the highest grade out of all the running backs with a 74.7. He should be a major part of Pitt's running game in the next couple of weeks. Israel Abanikanda left the game early with an injury and it is uncertain as to if he will play this week for Pitt. If he isn't, I think that Hammond will be more than ready to go.

Kenny Pickett does a great job of working in-between the hashes in the passing game. He completed 11-of-15 passes for 168 yards and one touchdown on passes between the hashes against Clemson. If you watched the game, you saw that he was able to hit Jared Wayne on several passes across the middle and hit Taysir Mack on post-pattern for a touchdowns.

Dennis is a handful at mlb.

Advertisement
Addison and Abanikanda not playing would be a HUGE break.

As I said in another thread, Addison is by far their biggest playmaker, and is currently tied for the national lead in TD receptions (10). He has 16 more catches than anyone on the team, and almost double the yards of the #2 kid.

At RB, Abanikanda is their leading rusher, he has the most carries on the team and most yards. Vincent Davis is just 1 carry behind, but has been far less efficient (SFL kid, by the way. He went to Gibbons). He's only averaging 3.3 YPC. I'd expect to see a lot of Rodney Hammond if Abanikanda is out. He's a true freshman.

If Addison is out and we focus on stopping Taysir Mack, we win this game. I haven’t been impressed with their running game.

Hammond was very effective vs Clemson. if our DL plays the run like they did last week the Canes should be okay.

I hope Manny and Shoop figure out the secondary - especially the middle of the field. Pickett could kill us there.

Advertisement
Hammond was very effective vs Clemson. if our DL plays the run like they did last week the Canes should be okay.

I hope Manny and Shoop figure out the secondary - especially the middle of the field. Pickett could kill us there.
Beat me to it. If Pickett excels between the hashes that is bad news for us. All their guys need to do is catch the ball.

Advertisement
Back