Pinkel to Retire, Missouri Job Open

Missouri is a dumpster fire. I wouldn't be surprised if he is pulling an Urban to get out of there

He has cancer.

Wow. Wish him the best.
Definetly wishing him and his family the best.

As far as the mizzou job goes, it's still not attractive

They were paying about 3.2MM-3.4MM per year.

As a frame of reference:

That is 2.4 times what Justin Fuente makes (1.4MM).

That is 2.5 times what Tom Herman makes (1.35MM).

That is 5.5 times what Jeff Brohm makes (.613MM).

That is 8.2 times what Dino Babers makes (.413MM).

Pinkel signed a contract extension earlier this year. His salary increased to over $4 million per year beginning this year.

Missouri's Gary Pinkel became the 10th SEC football coach to earn more than $4 million per year, as he signed new contact last week.
Pinkel's new deal, which runs through 2021, raises his annual salary from $3,200,000 to $4,020,000 and was signed on outgoing athletic director Mike Alden's final day at Missouri. Mack Rhoades took over as Missouri's new AD this week.
"With the tremendous academic and competitive successes of our football program, including winning the last two SEC East championships, Gary is well-deserving of this extension," Alden said in a statement on the Tigers' website. "His impact on our students, athletic department and University are immeasurable and he represents what is great about Mizzou. I know the Tigers are in great hands for a long time to come."
Pinkel, who holds the school's record for wins with a 113-66 record since taking over the program in 2001, was voted SEC coach of the year in 2014 after leading the Tigers to a second straight SEC East Division title.
He is now one of 10 SEC coaches who will earn at least $4 million in 2015, joining Alabama's Nick Saban, Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin, LSU's Les Miles, South Carolina's Steve Spurrier, Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze, Auburn's Gus Malzahn, Arkansas' Bret Bielema, Georgia's Mark Richt and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen. Freeze, Bielema, Richt and Mullen all recently received raises to that level.

Advertisement
Take it from a black male who is currently attends Mizzou. The environment on campus is nowhere as bad as it is being reported.... Im sure that mizzou will make a solid hire. The thing is the admin is really passionate about football and I have full faith that they aren't going to fall off the map. Pinkel is an amazing coach and he will be missed but with the right hire, mizzou can take the next step as a college program.

People I expect them to call include.
1. Tom Herman-Mizzou AD in waiting worked at Houston last year so there is some connection there (I believed he was the one who hired Herman). Also, Mizzou is rumored to hire young upstart coaches so this makes perfect sense
2. Justin Fuente- I doubt it happens but I wouldn't be shocked. He loves QB's and mizzou has the 7th best QB prospect in the country in the 2015 class (I know he's struggled but he is a true freshman that is only starting because the original starter has been suspended 2x)2.
3. Barry Odom- Current mizzou Dc that was hired from Memphis after last season. Currently has Mizzou ranked as the 11th best defense in the country.
4. Mike Gundy- His offense is exactly what mizzou wants to run. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a call to gauge his interest
5. Sonny Dykes- https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/recruiting/92467?highlight=dykes
6. Craig Kuligowski- Defensive line coach at Mizzou. His record speaks for itself.... He is the reason that mizzou markets himself as D-Line Zou

I'm sure that there are some people that I'm missing but these are the ones that came to my mind immediately.

He has cancer.

Wow. Wish him the best.

As a frame of reference:

Pinkel signed a contract extension earlier this year. His salary increased to over $4 million per year beginning this year.

Missouri's Gary Pinkel became the 10th SEC football coach to earn more than $4 million per year, as he signed new contact last week.
Pinkel's new deal, which runs through 2021, raises his annual salary from $3,200,000 to $4,020,000 and was signed on outgoing athletic director Mike Alden's final day at Missouri. Mack Rhoades took over as Missouri's new AD this week.
"With the tremendous academic and competitive successes of our football program, including winning the last two SEC East championships, Gary is well-deserving of this extension," Alden said in a statement on the Tigers' website. "His impact on our students, athletic department and University are immeasurable and he represents what is great about Mizzou. I know the Tigers are in great hands for a long time to come."
Pinkel, who holds the school's record for wins with a 113-66 record since taking over the program in 2001, was voted SEC coach of the year in 2014 after leading the Tigers to a second straight SEC East Division title.
He is now one of 10 SEC coaches who will earn at least $4 million in 2015, joining Alabama's Nick Saban, Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin, LSU's Les Miles, South Carolina's Steve Spurrier, Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze, Auburn's Gus Malzahn, Arkansas' Bret Bielema, Georgia's Mark Richt and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen. Freeze, Bielema, Richt and Mullen all recently received raises to that level.

There you go. Any school willing to pay a 4MM can attract a candidate.

Advertisement
Wow. Wish him the best.

As a frame of reference:

There you go. Any school willing to pay a 4MM can attract a candidate.

That's actually pretty f'n cool by Mizzou. So Pinkel is diagnosed in May, and you know they knew that. Then the AD gives him that big contract on his way out the door... takin care of his dude.

Can't blame him with what is going on up there.

The racist radicals have taken over the camous from the weak country club administration.

some inside info i'll share Mizzou AD Mack Rhoades is going all in on Tom Herman, they share a strong connection.. This was known for some time that gary pinkel was going to retire at the end of the year just kind of a coincidence all this is going on at Mizzou. Pinkel will remain associated with mizzou football in some format.

Advertisement
so to sign Herman we'll have to spend so much money on his that we'll have to penny pinch with the rest of the staff......

Herman with well funded quality staff > Butch with well funded quality staff

Butch with well funded quality staff > Herman without well funded quality staff

Advertisement
Back