Peter - LSU Is Lying To Valentine (They Are Deep at DL)

CandyCane

Freshman
If LSU is telling Valentine how weak they are at Defensive Line they are not being candid; in fact they are deep with young players and Valentine likely would be behind many of them. If he's half as good as we all think he is he has a real chance of starting at Miami.

Look at the LSU depth chart for Defensive Line ( I sure hope Valentine takes the time to read it somewhere) there are 7 Freshman and 3 Sophomores and they already have at least one very good commitment this year.

98 Jordan Allen DE JR 6-6/254 West Monroe, LA (West Monroe)
47 Maquedius Bain DT FR 6-4/308 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Univ. School of Nova Southeastern HS)
46 Tashawn Bower DL FR 6-5/243 Somerville, NJ (Immaculata HS)
9 Ego Ferguson DT JR 6-3/308 Frederick, MD (Hargrave Military Academy)
99 Greg Gilmore DT FR 6-4/311 Hope Mills, NC (South View HS)
97 Frank Herron DE FR 6-5/275 Memphis, TN (Memphis Central HS)
94 Danielle Hunter DL SO 6-5/241 Katy, LA (Morton Ranch)
90 Anthony Johnson DT JR 6-3/294 New Orleans, LA ()
96 Mickey Johnson DL FR 5-11/312 Covington, LA ()
91 A'Trey-U Jones DL JR 5-11/274 Tickfaw, LA (Hammond)
91 Christian LaCouture DT FR 6-5/298 Lincoln, NB (Lincoln Southwest HS)
54 Justin Maclin DE JR 6-4/241 Memphis, TN (Ridgeway)
92 Lewis Neal DE FR 6-1/238 Wilson, NC (James B. Hunt HS)
93 M.J. Patterson DE FR 6-3/215 Winnfield, LA (Winnfield HS)
59 Jermauria Rasco DE JR 6-3/262 Shreveport, LA ()
95 Quentin Thomas DL SO 6-3/290 Breaux Bridge, LA ()

Advertisement
Some of these recruits take the coaches' word as gospel until they sign the LOI and they get to the school and wonder why they aren't starting as promised during recruiting. You can see LSU is loaded at DL and my guess is they would attempt to have Valentine redshirt as they've promised 8 others they would start.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FOH LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

434.gif

They told me I was gonna start. They're big liars. I know I'm going to 'shirt.

They lie to everybody...and I didn't even get my duffle full of cash. They suck.

Some of these recruits take the coaches' word as gospel until they sign the LOI and they get to the school and wonder why they aren't starting as promised during recruiting. You can see LSU is loaded at DL and my guess is they would attempt to have Valentine redshirt as they've promised 8 others they would start.

If you are good you will see the field so it really does not matter who is on the depth chart.

If LSU is telling Valentine how weak they are at Defensive Line they are not being candid; in fact they are deep with young players and Valentine likely would be behind many of them. If he's half as good as we all think he is he has a real chance of starting at Miami.

Look at the LSU depth chart for Defensive Line ( I sure hope Valentine takes the time to read it somewhere) there are 7 Freshman and 3 Sophomores and they already have at least one very good commitment this year.

98 Jordan Allen DE JR 6-6/254 West Monroe, LA (West Monroe)
47 Maquedius Bain DT FR 6-4/308 Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Univ. School of Nova Southeastern HS)
46 Tashawn Bower DL FR 6-5/243 Somerville, NJ (Immaculata HS)
9 Ego Ferguson DT JR 6-3/308 Frederick, MD (Hargrave Military Academy)
99 Greg Gilmore DT FR 6-4/311 Hope Mills, NC (South View HS)
97 Frank Herron DE FR 6-5/275 Memphis, TN (Memphis Central HS)
94 Danielle Hunter DL SO 6-5/241 Katy, LA (Morton Ranch)
90 Anthony Johnson DT JR 6-3/294 New Orleans, LA ()
96 Mickey Johnson DL FR 5-11/312 Covington, LA ()
91 A'Trey-U Jones DL JR 5-11/274 Tickfaw, LA (Hammond)
91 Christian LaCouture DT FR 6-5/298 Lincoln, NB (Lincoln Southwest HS)
54 Justin Maclin DE JR 6-4/241 Memphis, TN (Ridgeway)
92 Lewis Neal DE FR 6-1/238 Wilson, NC (James B. Hunt HS)
93 M.J. Patterson DE FR 6-3/215 Winnfield, LA (Winnfield HS)
59 Jermauria Rasco DE JR 6-3/262 Shreveport, LA ()
95 Quentin Thomas DL SO 6-3/290 Breaux Bridge, LA ()

Outstanding investigative reporting; could be the difference between us landing him or not.

Advertisement

All anyone would have to do is a quick search for 2013 school roster in Google.. If you and I can do it, I'm sure Valentine can too.

However, the fact of the matter is whether or not Valentine is willing to accept LSU's "excuses" about their DL depth. What I image is going to happen is Valentine saying, "I see you guys have 16 defensive linemen on your roster." LSU would probably say "well, we expect some transfers at the end of the year, plus 2-3 guys are being planned to move to the OL... You could start right away regardless, blah, blah, blah..." That's what the SEC does with recruits... Hopefully, Valentine can see past the BS.

Advertisement
Back