Pete ... Jeff Jones..

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
You hear anything about this? Ive read this name several times now. Supposedly UF was after him hard, and rumor is UM may be working on him. SUpposedly this surfaced before the Powell rumor. Contingency plan for Powell or maybe something cooking here? Looks like he is a Minn soft commit, but lot of teams are going after him hard right now.

Advertisement
That kid looked GREAT in the UA game. Hoping he's the reason we cooled on Powell (if that's really the case). Would LOVE him in this class, and his size would compliment Yearby very well. Fans just need to relax until NSD. When you go into January with 30 verbals you are going to have some turnover. If the class looks like **** after NSD we can all start *****ing. Until then everybody needs to take a chill pill.

That kid looked GREAT in the UA game. Hoping he's the reason we cooled on Powell (if that's really the case). Would LOVE him in this class, and his size would compliment Yearby very well. Fans just need to relax until NSD. When you go into January with 30 verbals you are going to have some turnover. If the class looks like **** after NSD we can all start ****ing. Until then everybody needs to take a chill pill.

I don't have any information but I don't think we "cooled" on Powell. I think he just decided to go somewhere else. I would LOVE to pick up Jones though. Would be huge.

Advertisement
no more florida i read. mich is a fav. the kid is from minnesota, we have to be able to pitch palm trees.

That kid looked GREAT in the UA game. Hoping he's the reason we cooled on Powell (if that's really the case). Would LOVE him in this class, and his size would compliment Yearby very well. Fans just need to relax until NSD. When you go into January with 30 verbals you are going to have some turnover. If the class looks like **** after NSD we can all start ****ing. Until then everybody needs to take a chill pill.

I agree with all of this...ALL...I am currently about as low on golden and his fat BF as I possibly can be...but I am not ignorant to the fact he has closed pretty well under similarily but different circumstances in the 3 prior years. I am going to hold off on jumping from a bridge until NSD.

Advertisement
Al Golden is following him on twitter fwiw

LOL, doesnt mean anything, all our "experts" in here will just blow that off.

I didnt just pull the name out of my #ss. Ive read several places that there are rumors that this name has been tossed around a lot behind the scenes. Could mean absolutley nothing, and is probably just us making a late run at the kid if we knew Powell was wavering, but this whole "were not working on him", thing is B.S. AG isnt going to be following the kid, and the name hasnt just popped up out of the blue.

Al Golden is following him on twitter fwiw

LOL, doesnt mean anything, all our "experts" in here will just blow that off.

I didnt just pull the name out of my #ss. Ive read several places that there are rumors that this name has been tossed around a lot behind the scenes. Could mean absolutley nothing, and is probably just us making a late run at the kid if we knew Powell was wavering, but this whole "were not working on him", thing is B.S. AG isnt going to be following the kid, and the name hasnt just popped up out of the blue.

We didn't.

Advertisement
not ******* happening. you think a kid from Minneapolis, MN is gonna flip to UM 4 weeks before SD without any prior interest? bc you saw his name on a few sites and al follows him on twitter? gtfo. only way he commit's to UM is if we still had a ******* bagman.

not ****ing happening. you think a kid from Minneapolis, MN is gonna flip to UM 4 weeks before SD without any prior interest? bc you saw his name on a few sites and al follows him on twitter? gtfo. only way he commit's to UM is if we still had a ****ing bagman.

Isnt that similar to what Sentrel did?

not really... he signed his LOI with usc. they got hit with sanctions so he asked out. he was released in july 2010 and then committed to UM. wasn't meaning to attack you. frustrated with all the decommitts. saw this post and thought it would put more terrible ideas in UM fans heads. the fanbase is similar to a bubbling volcano right now. i think we are going to lose at least 1 more commit, just think jeff jones is a extreme extreme long shot. but al did get corn and derrick griffin to commit out of the blue last year so i wont say it isn't possible.

Advertisement
Forgive me as I don't get too excited about a RB from Minnesota while we have just lost out on 3 of the top RBs in the dade/broward area.

Advertisement
Back