Perspective

Advertisement
1599796165847.png

Vanilla offense and it took us a while to shake the rust off. Doesn’t excuse the performance, but I expect us to look way better against UL.

Like I said in the thread, I think Lashlee was intentionally vanilla so as to not show conference DCs too much. The problem is we aren't good enough to blow out UAB with vanilla. I think the offense will look better next week, my problem is the lack of speed & physicality on defense

Advertisement
I was frustrated by the conservative nature of the 4th. I feel like 38-14 would have been a totally different game

Agreed. We really didn’t feature Jordan or Mallory much in the game at all. Liked the ground attack, the game seemed like we left about 2 more scores on the table. Just throwing go routes isn’t going to cut it next weekend; we will need to play all around a better game. But did like the low penalties and 0 turnovers by the offense.

Like I said in the thread, I think Lashlee was intentionally vanilla so as to not show conference DCs too much. The problem is we aren't good enough to blow out UAB with vanilla. I think the offense will look better next week, my problem is the lack of speed & physicality on defense
I think this doesnt bode well.. That hide "special" offense for certain opponent has rarely happened.. Legit teams go out and execute.. LSU wasnt waiting for ****, everyone got that work..

I never believe in "super special" offense, its a cope from fans.. Harley and Pope not gonna turn into ACC level players and dominate

Advertisement
Vanilla offense and it took us a while to shake the rust off. Doesn’t excuse the performance, but I expect us to look way better against UL.
What benefit of doubt of rust does Harley and Pope get? WTF.. Lol.. It is what it is.. We need to recruit speed or be looking at transfers.. We scare nobody outside.. UAB had their corners more locked up than we had our corners 10 yards off bailing

What benefit of doubt of rust does Harley and Pope get? WTF.. Lol.. It is what it is.. We need to recruit speed or be looking at transfers.. We scare nobody outside.. UAB had their corners more locked up than we had our corners 10 yards off bailing
Agree with you. Lashlee has his work cut out for him because he is going to have to scheme guys open.

Last edited:
Harley got open on his routes... pope needs to be watching from the sidelines.

Serious question, this is not meant to be sarcastic at all. Do you guys think Lashlee coached in a place without internet or cameras before he got here? What is the obsession with, “not putting things on film?” The guy has hours of film on his offense already out there. He didn’t rewrite an entire playbook.

Advertisement
I’ve heard the keeping it vanilla excuse for 15 years. Not falling for it. O-line going to be a mess once again

It wasn’t a bad game. I think its due to such high expectations with Lashlee. King and this offense as a whole. I predicted a measly 35-10 victory but I seen a lot of people saying we’d score 40+ and win by 30 so that’s why there’s a slight disappointment.

Advertisement
Not having spring definitely hurt our offense. I think we’d be a few steps ahead of where we were tonight if we did. DB’s really concern me, other than Blades, that position group doesn’t look good.

Not having spring definitely hurt our offense. I think we’d be a few steps ahead of where we were tonight if we did. DB’s really concern me, other than Blades, that position group doesn’t look good.
We had a full spring last year??? What was excuse for being a offensive dumpster?

Advertisement
Back