Perspective

jtramble

Recruit
**** I've been reading the absolute meltdown on here for the past few days.
In 1989 we won a national championship. We lost to FSU by two touchdowns that year. Point is, ya we should have won. We lost by a point. Move on. **** happens. We were well coached. We played with energy. We lost to another well coached team playing with energy. Just didn't go our way. No need for doom and gloom 58-0 like meltdowns.... in the past, I feel like our team's play mimicked not only the panic of our coaches (golden), but the panic of our fan base. Have a little swag and confidence fellas...

We are headed in the right direction. Did you guys think we'd never lose again?
Keep supporting our dudes. Kaaya might not be Joe Montana, but he's our QB and he's pretty **** good.
Let's see what happens.

Advertisement
Posted this in another thread but it seems more appropriate here (basically it's my post-FSU reset on the season, i.e. perspective):

Reality is that it's hard for us fans to come to grips with losses, especially the first one or two, because it erases (or at least starts to eliminate) certain goals for the season. This is especially tough for us because we jumped to #10 early in the season and have the hype and energy of our new coach, so hope is permitted to be sky high because "anything is possible." That, plus the added variable of a rival and losing streak just amplify the pain of this particular loss.

But now we have to start admitting (for those who hadn't already) that a CFB spot is very likely not happening this year. That's the ultimate goal and it's hard to feel like we can't have it.

That said, the ACCCG and 10+ wins are still within reach. And they are important to our trajectory as a program. As much as we want it all--and should--that would be huge for us right now.

We need that and, importantly, we can still have it.

That's basically where my head is after a few days of mourning. And at the end of the day, I'll take it.

Last edited:
100% with you. A bunch of prima Donnas on here.

Looking to be the best season in 13 years. You wouldn't know it if you were a poster on canesinsight.com

Should be a cooling off period after a loss so everyone can get back to thinking more rational.

Posted this in another thread but it seems more appropriate here (basically it's my post-FSU reset on the season, i.e. perspective):

Reality is that it's hard for us fans to come to grips with losses, especially the first one or two, because it erases (or at least starts to eliminate) certain goals for the season. This is especially tough for us because we jumped to #10 early in the season and have the hype and energy of our new coach, so hope is permitted to be sky high because "anything is possible." That, plus the added variable of a rival and losing streak just amplify the pain of this particular loss.

But now we have to start admitting (for those who hadn't already) that a CFB spot is very likely not happening this year. That's the ultimate goal and it's hard to feel like we can't have it.

That said, the ACCCG and 10+ wins are still within reach. And they are important to our trajectory as a program. As much as we want it all--and should--that would be huge for us right now.

We need that and, importantly, we can still have it.

That's basically where my head is after a few days of mourning. And at the end of the day, I'll take it.

This!

Of course they thought we'd never lose again, ever! A week ago posters here were laughing at the meltdown on FreeShoesU boards, now karma is making its rounds. Some of our bandwagon fans like indulging in dip****tery on a constant basis - it's the only way they know. This is why we get no respect across the nation, and lose some key recruits every year.

Advertisement
Win this weekend and it will take some of the sting away. We still blew a great opportunity to beat an average FSU team, no excuses.

A "pretty **** good" qb is able to beat a ranked opponent in six attempts and close to 30 starts. I think people are mistaking arm talent with what a good qb really is.

Advertisement
Please understand something. FOr those of us who lived through the pre Howard days, the 80's and early 90's were like going from **** to Heaven. late 90's to 2000 were fall from grace. Those three years we should have won NCs were the Second Coming. Since then is **** again but with a memory of Heaven. We really have no middle ground to rest comfortably in while we wait. Wining on Saturday would have opened the clouds and given us a glimpse of Heaven again -- and we wanted that. We lost to the gator opening game of our 1st NC year too, but we had not tasted Heaven yet.

i'm more disappointed that we didn't take full advantage of FSU'd deficiencies more so than the final result. We should have been slinging it.

Win the next 2 weeks and we control the Coastal. Before the season everyone would have been thrilled with a 10 win regular season. ND is looking putrid. 10 wins and the coastal is well within reach. A couple poorly executed plays the PAT and INT and we win even with the questionable calls and no calls. It is clear where are needs are and we knew them before the season. OL and secondary. I really hope the teams moves on much quicker than most of the whiny ***** on here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back