PERSPECTIVE: W Against GT Meant What?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
The L to GT is inexcusable for sure, with that said however, would a W against GT, by 1 or 100 pts have changed your mind about Manuela?

For me, not one bit.

Manuela's and Blake's tenures at Miami are not ending well based on current trajectories.

They are both like Pumpkin Chunkin machines that wind up and self destruct upon release.

Advertisement
Worst case scenario Miami makes the 3 red zone field goals and wins by 9. Enos cannot call plays. Gt could not stop the run and could not stop Harris and he does not get enough touches in the red zone. Stick to what is working. Not Enos put us behind the chains when we cant convert 3rd and long.

I would feel the same way I do now had they won by 3 TD's. How we have played in the 1Q in every game this year, with the exception of the first drive vs Florida and Virginia show that this is a poorly coached team, and that the team has no sense of urgency. Slow starts = poor coaching IMO

Advertisement
IF (and that is one big IF) they win out (and they won't) who needs to go? Enos HAS helped the offense improve.

Weird season no matter what. We are a few plays away from being 1-6 or 7-0
Yes, but based on our competition, we shouldn't be, so either way it would be a letdown. People that only look at L's and W's and completely ignore the gameplay don't get this.

Advertisement
I hate manny and if we blew them out and looked good id think about stuff.

I already know we will NEVER blow anyone out with manny. We have not been prepared 1 game this year when most people considered miami the winner of last offseason. This is not a rebuild. This is ****** coaching at its absolute best.

Bottom line, except for a few close escapes last year, when things went our way, we would have been in the same boat..

Competent coaching and this team is 6-1 at worst and 3 wins by 20 plus points with lots of guys getting reps, not walk ons playing minutes in meaningful games in questionable slots.

Why the flip do we still have about 75 guys on scholarship? Is there some male toxicity requirement to keep the numbers down? A real AD who cared about the program would give that top priority. The DC who's been here 3 years before should know our numbers and oh, by the way, should know we have had issues in the FG area as well as the punter he brought in.

Over. His. Head. First time head coaches, don't hire them. We've done it three out of the last five.

Advertisement
My issue with giving manny his 3 years is That not one unit of the team has improved in 7 games. Its the same bs from week to week.

That says of his staff and himself. Like what are they even working on during practice

Worst case scenario Miami makes the 3 red zone field goals and wins by 9. Enos cannot call plays. Gt could not stop the run and could not stop Harris and he does not get enough touches in the red zone. Stick to what is working. Not Enos put us behind the chains when we cant convert 3rd and long.
Yeah, he's all about trying something he thinks is neat instead of what's working.

The only difference would be bowl eligibility. I don't care what crappy bowl we go to, we need those extra 20 practices for the young guys.

Advertisement
Weird season no matter what. We are a few plays away from being 1-6 or 7-0

One of the strangest seasons I've ever seen. I've watched this team play at home multiple times now and I again say there is a big disconnect between the players and coaches. Other than the Virginia game, there's are a lot of guys going through the motions for extended periods of games.
That's why you see all the missed tackles, Ivey sleep walking on a crucial special teams play and so many guys who've historically stopped guys in their tracks falling backwards on every tackle.

Getting this team mentally ready to play from the first play falls squarely on Manny's shoulders. He has failed miserably in that respect. He isn't getting fired this year, so he needs to look at everything he's done from the moment he was hired and have the self awareness to make all changes necessary. If he stays status quo and this team continues to sleep walk throgh huge chunks of games, he's doomed and won't have a third season.

One of the strangest seasons I've ever seen. I've watched this team play at home multiple times now and I again say there is a big disconnect between the players and coaches. Other than the Virginia game, there's are a lot of guys going through the motions for extended periods of games.
That's why you see all the missed tackles, Ivey sleep walking on a crucial special teams play and so many guys who've historically stopped guys in their tracks falling backwards on every tackle.

Getting this team mentally ready to play from the first play falls squarely on Manny's shoulders. He has failed miserably in that respect. He isn't getting fired this year, so he needs to look at everything he's done from the moment he was hired and have the self awareness to make all changes necessary. If he stays status quo and this team continues to sleep walk throgh huge chunks of games, he's doomed and won't have a third season.
if we don't get a bowl with this roster, he needs to be gone. we need the bowl practices

The only difference would be bowl eligibility. I don't care what crappy bowl we go to, we need those extra 20 practices for the young guys.

What for? Practice hasn’t helped anybody yet. What makes you think these 15 practices are gonna help?

Advertisement
Back