Perryman Draft Profile

Advertisement
Somebody going get a very good LB who brings wood all the time. Maybe should go to a more blood and guts sort of team.

A weakness is that he can't keep up with a slot receiver? While he may not be the best in man to man, that is a poor example. Otherwise good anaysis.

I think the guy made it seem like Perryman is much worse at pass coverage then he actually is. I'm sorry, but not many MLB's in NFL would be able to cover a slot wr running across the field, for more than 10-15 yards, and thats just a fact.
Plus, I feel like the only tape he watched of DP was FSU. Perryman was a beast against UL, VT, and Duke this year, and all those films are on draftbreakdown.

Advertisement
A weakness is that he can't keep up with a slot receiver? While he may not be the best in man to man, that is a poor example. Otherwise good anaysis.

Whereas I agree with the sentiment - most LBs struggle keeping up with slot receivers, Wes Welker has made a name for himself taking advantage of that fact - I do think their criticism of his pass covering ability is a fair one. In fact, with few exceptions I believe it could be applied fairly to our former LB corp.

I thought that analysis was pretty spot on.

If Perryman was good in coverage then he'd basically be a perfect linebacker. Only a complete homer would believe that. His height becomes an issue in pass coverage. A guy who's 5'11" doesn't cover much space in zone and would also be at a disadvantage against TE's. It's easy to throw over/around linebackers who are 5'11". Linebackers who are 6'1"+ not so much.

I don't think there's anybody better on 1st and 2nd down though. He's easily the hardest hitter in the country and IMO the hardest to ever wear a Miami uniform. It's flat out foolish what he did to people on a weekly basis.

Advertisement
Back