Patke

Insanecane

Junior
Banned
After watching our special teams get off the short bus to mouth breathe their way through another embarrasing performance, I was reminded how awesome it is to know we hired this noname ace recruiter who actually failed to land the DT he was targeting instead of finding a proven Special Teams coach.

PS- Harley is not the answer at Special Teams. TE and recruiting is all he needs to do from now on.

Advertisement
Did not understand us not getting a fulltime STs coach who could float all over and help croot....

No we decide to give another **** ant a first time job....

Banda, patke, Richt JR, rumph

Advertisement
Dont you guys get it?? Our no name hires wont challenge our bs scheme and play calling.. they are just happy to be here!

Theres a reason every hire is someone either connected to CMR or from the HS ranks.

Terrible hire. Called it from a mile away. +100 negative reactions later and even gettin banned for repeatedly knocking Rumph, people now starting see why I have been vocal about this! I'm all about the come-up and giving people chances to advance in their career, but that place is not Miami. Patke, Rumph, Jon Richt... go come up at Purdue or FIU or Rutugers or someplace like that. Searles needs to retire. Banda, Im luke warm on. Simpson, to early to tell - but I was not a fan of that hire as well... let's just bring back Ice Harris as well and have a big *** HS coach orgy who are ineffective at the next level because it's a completely different job.

Last edited:
Said when he was hired it was a brutal hire. Shoulda been an offensive hire.

Advertisement
Freshman kicker going 1 of 2 in his first game in college and on that stage, is nothing to get apoplectic about.

As for the punter, we definitely need to get that fixed ASAP. Either that kid has got to figure things out, or we need to find a replacement. Unacceptable for a sophomore punter to have that kind of performance today. Especially after the season he had last year. For our sake and his, I hope he can turn things around.

Not sure who made the call on that botched onside/swift/pooch kick late in the 4th quarter, but I'm not sure I agree with Coach Patke having to shoulder the bulk of the blame for tonight. I think ST shortcomings can be blamed on the HC, Patke and the players.

Bottom line is we gotta get better... and quick!

Did not understand us not getting a fulltime STs coach who could float all over and help croot....

No we decide to give another **** ant a first time job....

Banda, patke, Richt JR, rumph
That list is pathetic for any program trying to compete with the big boys

Freshman kicker going 1 of 2 in his first game in college and on that stage, is nothing to get apoplectic about.

As for the punter, we definitely need to get that fixed ASAP. Either that kid has got to figure things out, or we need to find a replacement. Unacceptable for a sophomore punter to have that kind of performance today. Especially after the season he had last year. For our sake and his, I hope he can turn things around.

Not sure who made the call on that botched onside/swift/pooch kick late in the 4th quarter, but I'm not sure I agree with Coach Patke having to shoulder the bulk of the blame for tonight. I think ST shortcomings can be blamed on the HC, Patke and the players.

Bottom line is we gotta get better... and quick!

You're completely missing the point, along with 95% of you on some of these coaches. It's not that Patke is a bad coach per se and "shoulders the bulk of the blame" for the loss, it's the opportunity cost we miss by hiring someone like Patke or Jon Richt or Searles etc., instead of someone ELITE! There is a huge discrepancy between just an OK coach and an ELITE coach.

Patke might still be a great coach and recruiter but a full time EXPERIENCED Special Team coach IS/was needed. The near blocked punt in the first quarter. Our inability to generate returns with the speed in our team. Running into the kicker. Rousseau over the top, did anyone go over the rules? Our punter continues to shank to the left and our kicks could be a surprise all year.

Advertisement
Patke is another Diaz do boy elevated to his first on field cfb coaching position at the University of Miami.

Advertisement
Back